Friday, February 12, 2021

#FOTD: wrapped in red makeup look

Somehow, Valentine's Day is right around the corner. Though it's hard to believe...we are already two weeks into February. The holiday will certainly look different for a lot of people this year. No heading to the store to purchase overpriced cards and candy, no dinner reservations, and no movie theatre tickets to put to good use. Though it will be far more lowkey than usual, there is still a lot of fun to be had. Whether you are celebrating solo or with someone special, a little makeup can go a long way. Makeup has long been a passion of mine. These days? It is my therapy. Being stuck inside so often has a way of making you feel a little...blah. Even though I am happy to work from home and generally enjoy staying indoors, makeup gives me that little burst of creativity. That little spark of joy. More recently, I created a Valentine's Day inspired makeup look to put me in the holiday spirit. It involved lots and lots of red. Take a look...


This particular makeup look is all about that bright bold lip. There were several products used to pull it all together:

  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Palette
  • Too Faced Cinnamon Bear Palette
  • Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
  • Annabelle Kohl Eyeliner Pencil
  • MAC Matte Lipstick in Russian Red

Lately, I have been doing my best to put the makeup in my collection to good use. Even giving second (third and fourth) chances to products that didn't wow me. For instance, the Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture palette was mixed in terms of quality. (You can check out my original review here.) Instead of giving up on the palette altogether...I've been using the eyeshadow shades that did work well. I might as well get some use out of it! The same can be said for the MAC matte lipstick. Originally, I commented that the formula was far too dry and uncomfortable. Spoiler alert: it still is. But the colour is quite nice. So, I decided to layer an ultra hydrating gloss on top to make it wearable. 


To create this wrapped in red makeup look, I started by using the light brown shade from the Anastasia Beverly Hills palette to add definition to the crease. Then I layered the shimmery burgundy shade from the Too Faced palette all over the lid. That red-toned brown from the palette was used to slightly deepen the crease. It was also used along the lower lash line for a subtle but smokey finish. Then the shimmery white shadow from the Anastasia Beverly Hills palette was used in the inner corner and underneath the brow bone. Some eyeliner and mascara finished off the eyes.

The lips were pretty simple. Careful application of the shade Russian Red (because applying red lipstick can be tricky) and then a clear hydrating gloss on top. To finish off the look, I made good use of that cheek product included in the Cinnamon Bear palette. It was a glowy pink blush and it really tied together this Valentine's Day inspired makeup look. Even though things are different this year...makeup can still be a wonderful way to embrace this oh-so-romantic holiday.

What do you think of this makeup look? Have you tried any of these products?

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous makeup. The lipstick is very striking :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect makeup look for upcoming Valentine's! love the colors so much. I need to try and copy it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You can never go wrong with a little red!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful look. Those shades are my favourites.
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bom dia minha querida amiga, parabéns pela matéria.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so stunning! I wish I can pull off red shades like you. You look mad fab xx

    lenne | lennezulkiflly.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That red lipstick is a beautiful shade on you! this is a great Valentine's makeup look :)

    Hope you are having a nice weekend :) We had fun with the family celebrating Lunar New Year with a big meal yesterday :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that on you. Always stunning, dear!

    Marie
    https://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete