Wednesday, December 16, 2020

christmas advent - day three

The Christmas advent is fully underway here on the creation of beauty is art. In case you missed my last two posts, I will be doing mini blog posts to celebrate the 12 days of Christmas. It is a countdown of sorts and also an excuse for me to share some of my memories and favourites. Ready to find out what the question is for day three? Here goes...

Is Your Christmas Tree Real or Fake?

I've actually never had a real Christmas tree. There are many reasons for this. It's partly because they are messy and require a decent amount of TLC and partly because I have too many ornaments. My Christmas tree is always overloaded with ornaments. Quite frankly, I'm not sure that a real tree could hold onto them all. Especially the super heavy ones. It just makes more sense to have an artificial tree....but who knows? Maybe one day I will feel called to have a real tree in my home. 

What about you? Is your Christmas tree real or fake?

8 comments:

  1. Great post! I grow Christmas tree in a pot)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We usually do a live tree but may mom passed in October so was not up to it and put up smaller artificial tree that we had.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry to hear that. Sending you lots of love this holiday season <3

      Delete
  3. Funny story.... I haven't had a tree up in over 30 years or more! And this year the boyfriend said we need to for my daughter, as she turned 2 just there. So we got a tree. It is a 'space saver/toddler/cat proof' tree with only 1/3 branches at the top! It is, of course, fake. I'd never have a real one, they look better outside than inside I think. So got lots of animal felt decorations and no glass or glitter, to be on the safe side for both cats and toddler. It has been up since the 1st and so far so good, none of them have shown interest! 3 cats or her haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is such a great idea for a tree...to have all of the branches at the top! Definitely could've used something like that when I had my cat. It sounds like a really beautiful Christmas tree! It's wonderful that you took lots of precautions to keep it safe for everyone.

      Delete
  4. almost every year there was a real Christmas tree in my house. dad insisted on it. But I prefer an artificial Christmas tree, it doesn't lose needles: D
    Greetings from Poland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a lovely tradition! But I know what you mean. I like that there is less fuss with an artifical tree!

      Delete