Wednesday, December 23, 2020

christmas advent - day ten

It's Christmas Eve-Eve! This is one of my favourite days of the year. Partly because it is so close to Christmas and partly because I love to spend this day doing special holiday things at home. Like baking cookies, movie marathons, and time spent with my husband. There is always so much magic in the air on this day. It's like the excitement and joy is practically bursting out of every room. There are twinkling lights, colourful decorations, and the smell of freshly baked cookies lingering in the air. Bliss! Are you ready for a little more holiday cheer? Here is day ten of the Christmas advent on the creation of beauty is art. 

Who Makes Your Christmas Day Extra Special?

An awful lot of loved ones contribute to a special Christmas celebration. My husband and my family all go above and beyond! However, there is one that stands out: my mom. Growing up, her family didn't celebrate Christmas (or any holidays) and so, she did everything she could to make sure that my siblings and I experienced lots and lots of holiday magic. I have so many memories of my mom making Christmas extra special. Not just Christmas Day, but the entire Christmas season. Coming up with fun craft ideas when I was a kid, taking us to see Santa Claus each and every year, and making sure all of our holiday wishes came true. Even though I'm an adult now...she still goes out of her way to make Christmas special. Recording holiday baking shows for us to watch together when I visit, searching for new cookie recipes to try, or surprising me with a beauty advent calendar. There are so many things that my mom does to make the season bright. I am and will always be grateful for all of her thoughtfulness and love. It makes this time of year even more memorable. 

What about you? Who makes your Christmas Day extra special? 

4 comments:

  1. This is a sad one for me. Used to be my dad and in all honesty Christmas has never been the same since he died in 2002 :-(

    I guess for the last 10 years, my cats have made is special for me. I do love my cats more than life itself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness. I am so sorry to hear that. Sending you extra love during this time <3

      Delete
  2. I agree, mums make Christmas so special! I've been trying hard to make sure my kids feel the magic with something Christmassy every day even if it's been small. It's just so much fun! I'm so thankful my mum made it so special for us so I can do the same for my kids :)

    Hope that you are having a wonderful Christmas week :) I'm so excited for the big day!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so wonderful that you have been putting that same love and effort into making sure your kids have those happy memories! <3

      Delete