Monday, January 2, 2017

january inspiration board.

I always liked the idea of an inspiration board. Half the books on my shelf have outlined the importance of them. Not to mention every issue of Cosmopolitan, Glamour, and Women's Health. Seriously. Inspiration boards, also known as mood boards, are a big deal. They boost creativity, increase focus, and can help you work towards a specific goal. They are also a great way to get inspired and find your happy place. Especially after a long day at work. Or a draining conversation with a friend, family member, or neighbour. Whenever you need a quick pick-me-up....simply look to your inspiration board.

Since January is just beginning, I wanted to create my own inspiration board for the month. Just little things that are making me smile. You can take a look at it below. Maybe it will give you that extra burst of inspiration today....or perhaps it will inspire you to create your very own board.


As you can see....I am very much feeling classic sophistication at the moment. That is definitely coming through in this board. From the cat-eye sunglasses to the gorgeous retro paintings, the designer perfume, brown lip colour, and black polish, this month is all about embracing my inner Audrey Hepburn. Oh, and feeling grateful, blessed, and open to opportunity. Not a bad way to kick-start the new year.

Another way that I am staying inspired is through my YouTube channel. So, please take a peek at my latest video if you get a chance!


Have you ever made an inspiration board? What did you include?

xo Shannon

8 comments:

  1. I should make an inspiration board for the NY. I didn't know there was a second Mulan either! You got a lot of cute stuff!

    Deedee

    http://madeupgirl-madeupgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should try an inspiration board. Thanks for sharing. Happy New Year, love!

    nialangleyspeaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The drak polish, the brown lip colour, the designer perfume...yummy! <3
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul Dear:) nice items:)
    Happy New Year!

    http://irreplaceable-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year lovely! Those chic sunglasses and Chanel nail polish...a must! I hope you had a great holiday season. I'll be catching up on your newest uploads soon :-)
    xo from Italy,
    Sonia Verardo
    http://www.trenchcollection.com/

    ReplyDelete