Monday, February 16, 2015

relax the mind, renew the body, revive the soul.


Who doesn't love to relax and unwind? This is something I am consciously trying to do more of lately. It is so easy to get bogged down by stress and responsibilities. So, I am aiming to add a little more rest and relaxation into my days. It sounds silly - but I actually have started scheduling myself time to sit back and unwind. It may only be for fifteen minutes or so. But even those small chunks of time can make a big difference to my mental and emotional well being. I highly recommend it!

One of the ways that I have been trying to treat myself is with a mud mask. The winter has been hard on my skin this year. My solution? To take better care of it. That is why I picked up a couple of items from the Beauty Concepts line. In the past, I have tried the under eye pads and the face mask. Overall, I was quite happy with them. That is why I thought: mud mask!

The Beauty Concepts Clear As Mud kit was a total winner. It was quite cheap (I think about $5 for the whole pack) and it came with four mini mud masks. Even though it came with four, there is an awful of product in each pod. That means you can get two or three applications out of each one - so long as you store it properly afterwards.

The process itself was pretty simple. Apply the mud mask to your face, leave for ten minutes, and rinse off with water. The claims are that the mud mask will leave you with "beautiful and youthful skin." Well....so far so good. After using the mud mask, my skin instantly looked and felt better than it did before. Not to mention how relaxing it felt to spend time on myself. I think that was the best part. Not only was the mud mask working well on my skin, but it reminded me that pampering myself every now and again? It is essential.

My experience with the Beauty Concepts Clear As Mud was a positive one. The product isn't too harsh on my skin, it does a solid job, and is very easy to use. It also allowed me to relax and have a little me time. Bonus!

What do you do to relax and unwind? Have you tried anything from Beauty Concepts? 

xo Shannon

16 comments:

  1. I should really do something like this. My face needs it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I should experiment more! lol

    http://mythinkingbowl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to try that product! Mud is very beneficial for the skin, it's not as attractive or as pleasant as other products but it actually really works :) Thanks for sharing Shannon!

    Take care always, love Christine ~ xx
    BLOG | BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to try them out :)
    I’m an italian blogger and what do you think to follow each other here and on the other social networks? Thank you so much! Let me know when you follow me and I’ll follow back.

    Giada, blogger of Being Over the Moon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I wanted to stop by and say sorry I haven't visited in a while, I have been so busy it's crazy! I love what you are doing with your blog though! I relaunched mine yesterday and I would love to know what you think of it! Lorna xx.

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  6. ciao Shannon!!! Non conosco questi prodotti!

    bacione!
    http://lipstickrouge.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  7. that sounds exciting...It could turn to a nice girls evening :) I have never tried it but will definitely consider! Daisy

    www.fashionmemos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a skincare fanatic, I'd love to try these ;) Kisses

    Fashion and Cookies
    Facebook / G+ / Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  9. I only use a mask when I go for a facial. Nice to know the brands out there.
    Www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, that sounds like great advice, I am always on the go too....Love the sound of the mud mask! xx

    ReplyDelete