Tuesday, February 3, 2015

be your own kind of beautiful.

There are always highs and lows in life. Lately, I have been struggling with stress. In general, I tend to get anxious and stressed out about things that are out of my control. Is anyone else like this? Now that the holidays are over....life seems to be barreling by. It is a mere five months until I get married. My life has become working, planning, discussing, saving, packing, and oh yeah, worrying. This whole transition period has become totally overwhelming. It's not the getting married part. It is the whole finding a place to live and moving out thing. I suppose I am struggling to stay organized, get things done, and not feel totally overwhelmed. 

In the midst of everything, I have turned to makeup. It may sound crazy - but makeup calms me down. There is something about putting on my makeup, creating a new look, and getting inspired that helps me to calm down and re-assess. That's the thing about stress. Most of the time, it comes out of nowhere and it does more harm than good. My solution? To focus on the things that I love. That is what inspired this look. My heart was racing, my stress level was on the rise, and my to-do list was growing endlessly longer. So, I did my hair and makeup. 

The look? I created a rocker inspired ponytail with plenty of volume at the front. I threw on one of my favourite sweaters (a white and black bow sweater from Forever 21) and a pair of sparkly "Love" earrings. Instant casual glamour. As for my makeup, I stuck to my all-time favourite shades....bold neutrals. Browns and champagne colours, a bit of eyeliner, plenty of mascara, and a neutral lip. By the time I was finished, I felt so much better. Take a look at my stress-relieving makeup look: 


So, when in doubt? Do your makeup. With so many changes coming up and less and less balance happening in my life....stress and worry has taken over. Thankfully, there is always makeup to help me re-charge and re-prioritize. 

How do you reduce stress in your life? What do you think of this makeup look?

xo Shannon

24 comments:

  1. Gorgeous makeup, you look great! <3

    I have a new post up on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg i feel that same way too.. makeul can do wonders esp for me as a working mom.. i put on makeul to remind myself to stay beautiful and pretty and presentable to the people around me...

    hope you follow my journey on my blog..

    Cheers,
    gracina
    http://colorfullbliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning make-up look Shannon!! Looks flawless and brings out your eyes :)

    Take care always, love Christine ~ xx
    BLOG | BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful eye make up hun, your eyes look amazing!!

    Thanks for sharing this! Would love if you could drop by CH1K.com as I am running a Daniel Wellington Giveaway!

    Helen xx
    http://CH1K.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! You font is really small... think about enlarging and widening your template just a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your make-up looks AMAZING here... Your eyes looks perfect !

    www.pink-purpledots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both the make-up and your bow sweater! :) Kisses

    http://the-may-day.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  8. perfect make-up Dear , to reduce stress simply I go to sleep for a little while ( when I can)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this makeup! :)
    xoxo
    http://myheartaintabrain.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this!
    i reduce stress by exercising and yoga x
    www.vicariousLA.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow,so beautiful.
    that makeup just lovely
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous look! And I love your sweater!!!
    You look so pretty!
    xo from Italy,
    Sonia Verardo
    http://www.trenchcollection.com/
    P.S. Would you like to keep in touch by following eachother on GFC?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the way you write, love <3 Listen music. That relaxes me always. Can be listen music aaaall the day ^^
    Lots of kisses pretty <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosto da maquilhagem sim. E da camisola e dos brinscos também. =)

    http://danielasilvayellowworld.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete