Saturday, February 28, 2015

haul: my last trip to target


I'm sure you have heard all about it by now. Target is pulling out of Canada. That means hundreds of stores gone and thousands of employees out of work. Some have decided to take this moment to mock the fact that Target assumed it would win over Canadian consumers....but the reality? This is a sad situation for all involved. People are out of work. A business is put at risk. And shoppers have less choices than ever before.

On a personal level, I am quite disappointed. In fact, I was pretty shocked when I first heard the news. Less than two years ago, I was posting about my very first trip there. Finally, there were affordable pieces that were a little more upscale. As quickly as it came it seems to be gone again. There will be no more trips out with my mom - spending far too much time and money lingering over the aisles. There will be no more designer lines for Target available in Canada. And there will be no more shopping sprees for no reason at all. Alas!

As soon as the news broke, my mom and I planned a trip to do a bit of shopping. We wanted to pick up any items that we really wanted....before all of the discount shoppers swooped in. That was a strange experience. Watching people casing the joint more or less. During that excursion, we picked up a few clothing items and some accessories. But even by that point, many of the shelves were empty and there was a strange, sad atmosphere in the store.

It wasn't until a week or so later that the sales started. 30% off of certain sections of the store. So, my mom and I returned. Just in case. Or for some last minute bonding time. We managed to pick up quite a few deals and discounts - which was great. But honestly? I would have much rather Target stay put. There was something really fun about going with my mom. Every few months, we would just go there for no reason at all. We would shop and talk and just have a bit of girl time. It was nice. And I will miss that. Even though we can go shopping somewhere else....it just won't be the same. Sigh!

Anyway, I thought that I would show you the items that I picked up on my very last trip to Target. Take a look and let me know what you think.


For me, it is a sad farewell. But hey, at least my last haul was pretty stellar. Goodbye Target Canada....and thanks for the memories.

How do you feel about Target closing in Canada? Do you love to shop there?

xo Shannon

21 comments:

  1. Lovely items!

    xoxo
    www.its-dash.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome haul Shannon, you picked up some amazing goodies :) The Beyonce perfume bottle is so cool, love how it looks! Gorgeous gold earnings and necklace too.. there are actually tons of amazing items at Target.. would be so fun to shop there.

    Take care always, love Christine ~ xx
    BLOG | BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so sad, I hadn't heard Target was leaving Canada :(

    Sidenote, great haul!!

    ~Pau
    www.lilbitsofchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been to Target, but your story sounds sad. It's always sad when shops close done and people lose their work. The items you picked up are very nice, I hope you and your mom can come up with another place instead where you can go together and spend quality time. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That neckpiece is so beauty
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great buys, the necklace is beyond gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul!! Love love your necklace. -Statement piece! :)

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello dear! You have a very nice blog, I signed up for you! Here is my blog, I will be glad if you will follow me !!!
    Miranda
    http://mirandabeautyworld.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sad to hear Target has pulled out. Love the necklace and that rose print skirt :)

    http://everythingthatclicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belos acessórios amei a postagem, tenha uma semana abençoada.
    Curta e siga o meu canal:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg_8KAdIhe8

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post,visit my blog,follow me i'm following you :D
    http://sofija1837.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely thes necklace, They are soo cool!
    Alessia
    New post
    THECHILICOOL
    FACEBOOK
    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi my name is izmirleydisi :)) i have a blog and Do you want to join the 8 March Bloggers Meeting ? Come to my adress and join.i will wait you and another girls , see ya :))

    http://izmirleydisi.blogspot.com.tr/2015/03/8-mart-blogger-bulusmas-8-march.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely haul! Your earrings are so pretty:) X

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's really sad, BUT the necklace it so perfect! (:
    Great haul!
    I'm such a fan of your blog!
    Kisses dear! ♥

    allthatweseeisjustadreamwithinadream.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice products dear!
    kisses

    Pearls & Roses

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yeah I heard about the sad news, Shannon. But you got there some great pieces.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post!

    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/2015/03/the-trendery.html

    ReplyDelete