Saturday, August 6, 2011

product review: dove go fresh rebalance body wash


A few days ago, I received a sample of the new Dove Go Fresh Rebalance Body Wash. The body wash I had been using was almost finished, so it was the perfect time to try a new product.

The item is described as the following.
"Dove® go fresh Rebalance Body Wash with NutriumMoisture™ provides a rebalance for the skin and mind that leaves you comfortably refreshed. Hydrating freshness leaves skin blissfully restored with the harmonious scents of succulent plum and pure sakura blossom. Infused with our unique NutriumMoisture™ technology, it goes beyond moisturization to effectively nourish skin."

My experience was somewhat different.

There were three key issues I had with the Dove Go Fresh Rebalance Body Wash: smell, consistency, and moisture.

First of all, the smell wasn't 'fresh,' but overwhelming. Not only was the scent too strong, but it smelled very perfume-y, and like the kind of old bar soap your grandma kept in her bathroom.

Secondly, the consistency was rather runny. This may be a personal preference, but I prefer a little more texture, and for a creamier body wash. If your preference is different, you may not find this to be an issue at all, but instead an asset!

Lastly, I found my skin was much drier than normal after using the body wash. It did not seem to add much, if any, moisture to my skin.

All in all, this product was not for me. While the smell was pleasing from the bottle, it ended up being far too strong. Also, it lacked a good consistency, and did not moisturize my skin.

I wouldn't personally recommend this product. I am sure there are people out there who will love it, but it's definitely not something I plan on purchasing.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! At least I'm on my guards now :)

    http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review, and the lovely comment on blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. good to know, good review, very detailed. :) x

    sharpest-lives@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete