Friday, August 28, 2026

new in: katseye wild ep (vinyl, wild world, and megan version)

There are three different versions of the new KATSEYE album, Wild, in my possession. An autographed vinyl version and a member version of the album were pre-ordered around four months back. I was so excited about the release of new music that I purchased the items without fully knowing what I would be receiving. The cover art had not been released and details were scarce. I assumed the member version of the album would come with a photobook, similar to the Soft is Strong and Beautiful Chaos releases. When my pre-ordered items arrived, it was all very exciting, but I was disappointed that the member version of the album was so small. That is how the Wild World version was also added to my music collection. It came with a photobook and all sorts of other extras. Do I have too many versions of the new EP? Probably. But I have loved listening to the album and looking through all of the Wild inspired items. On that note, here is a closer look at my recent KATSEYE purchases. 


Wild: Autographed Vinyl Version. Even though this is an EP with a mere five songs, the idea of adding KATSEYE to my record collection was far too tempting. The autographed art card that came with the vinyl version made it an immediate "add to cart" moment during the pre-order process. I love having autographs from artists that mean something to me, but am unlikely to ever meet the band. This definitely checked the boxes. The vinyl version has different cover art and this particular version came with a lavender coloured record. There were also two random photocards. I found Megan and Lara in mine, so that was definitely nice. The autographed vinyl version of the album was a nice splurge. I love the lavender coloured record, the inclusion of the photocards, the artwork, and the autograph. As for the music on the EP? Amazing. Every song is incredible. I love Pinky Up and Hootie Frutti so much and am also obsessed with Bel Air and That Way. There is a bonus track on one version released in the US, but sadly, it is not on any of the versions that I own. Hopefully I will be able to track down the song! 

Wild: Megan Version. The second version of Wild is the member version that was pre-ordered. There was a different version released for each member of KATSEYE and I chose to add the Megan version to my shopping cart. Though all of the members of KATSEYE are incredibly talented, my favourite is Megan. She has such a cool tone to her voice and is an amazing dancer. I also love how open she has been about her mental health. Megan is so talented and seems like a really solid role model for young women. The Megan version of Wild came with a CD copy of the album, a smaller photobook with lots of photographs and an interview with Megan, a paper mask, stickers, photocards, and a mini poster. It's a really nice set and all of the extras are a lot of fun. It was simply much smaller than anticipated. I found myself wanting a more traditional version of the album as well, which is how the Wild World version came to be added to my collection. One fun detail about the Megan version? The CD itself has a different design - one that is specific to Megan. I like that there was a lot of thought put into the album release.


Wild: Wild World Version. Last in this KATSEYE music haul is the Wild World version of the new EP. This came with the more traditional photobook, which included lots of pictures of the entire group, a CD, stickers, photocards, information sheets, and a button. There was a group photocard included from the Pinky Up music video and a photocard of Sophia. The Wild button is already securely fastened to my purse, so I will be showing off my Eyekon status everywhere from now on. Something that I really love about KATSEYE releases? It feels like an experience. From the amazing songs to the photobooks, the cards, stickers, and all of the other extras...there is a memorable moment created. It has been so much fun listening to the songs on Wild and looking through all of the bonus items. Between the autographed vinyl, Megan version, and Wild World version, I am all set. 

This content is from the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com. If it is posted elsewhere, it has been stolen.

Are you a fan of KATSEYE? What music have you been listening to lately? 

1 comment:


  1. The set is really great. You can never have too much music. <3

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete