It is hard to believe that August is almost over. This summer has certainly been an interesting one. There have been some ups, some downs, and some memorable moments mixed in as well. In between those memorable moments, music, television, and books have been keeping me entertained. Here are some of the things I have been reading, listening to, and watching lately.
Whether life is busy, slow, or somewhere in between, it seems there are always too many things to read, watch, and listen to. I love all sorts of entertainment and these are some of the things that have been adding joy to my days more recently.
- Murder, She Wrote Episodes. It should come as no surprise that Murder She Wrote is on this list. It is such a comfort show for me. Jessica Fletcher remains a television icon, even thirty years after the final episode aired on television. My husband recently found me a portable DVD player, because I wanted to be able to watch some of my DVDs while I did various household tasks. As a treat while I put away laundry, clean the kitchen, or tackle an organizational task, there is an episode (or two) of Murder, She Wrote waiting for me. I decided to start over from the very beginning. The episodes are compelling, and even after all these years, I am in awe of one of the strongest television characters of all time. Who knew that mysteries could make troublesome tasks so much better?
- Petal CD from Ariana Grande. The new Ariana Grande album, Petal, was released at the end of July and is has been in heavy rotation ever since. In my opinion, this is one of her strongest albums, with songs that are vulnerable, impactful, and a little bit dark. Some of my favourite songs include Stay, Kiss Me, and Petal. Admittedly, I also enjoy the horror-esque themes of her recent music videos as well as the black and white photography for the album.
- Murder at Cinnamon Falls by R.L. Killmore. This book was featured in a previous post about a summer and summerween themed reading list. At that time, I was midway through the book, but had a positive impression based on what I had read. Now that I have finished the book, I am definitely considering myself a fan of the author. I love that the story had depth and emotion. It was also a complex and compelling murder mystery. Thankfully, it seems another book will be released by the author next year, so there is certainly something to look forward to.
- Elle Television Show. As mentioned in a recent post, the Legally Blonde prequel series, Elle, was quickly added to my watch list. Since the movie is one of my all time favourites, there was excitement about a series that explored the world of Elle Woods in her high school years. Though I read some valid criticisms of the show, it was still something that I found to be an enjoyable and interesting watch. There were good characters, fabulous costumes, and fun nods to future Elle. It was already renewed, so it seems there will be a second season at some point.
This content is from the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com. If it is posted elsewhere, it has been stolen.
What have you been reading, listening to, and watching lately? Share your recommendations in the comment section!



I spent the month of August taking exams :(, so I couldn't watch the things I wanted to watch.
ReplyDelete