Friday, June 18, 2021

first impressions: jlo beauty (that limitless glow mask)

Even though there are countless celebrity makeup and skin care lines on the market...JLo Beauty was intriguing. First of all, Jennifer Lopez is well-known for her incredible skin. Secondly, she is someone that I have been a fan of for a very long time. Her movies and music have been an important part of my life. Not to mention her perfumes! Her incredible fragrance, "Still," was my first grown up bottle of perfume. My dad bought it for me one day when we were out and it has been incredibly meaningful to me ever since. Yes, when it comes to Jennifer Lopez, there are a lot of positive memories associated with this A-list celebrity. That being said, the products from JLo Beauty are on the expensive side. For example, $98 for a glow serum, $72 for a day cream, and $62 for an eye cream. Those items would definitely be a splurge for me. So, it made sense to start with a good old-fashioned sheet mask. Keep reading for a first impressions review of the JLo Beauty That Limitless Glow mask. 


As you can see from the demonstration photo above (how does Jennifer Lopez always look so perfect?!)...this is no ordinary sheet mask. It has two separate parts: one for the upper portion of the face and one for the lower portion of the face. Each part has small holes cut out to loop around your ears. This in itself is a unique feature for a face mask. So...what does the mask claim to do? According to the Sephora website, the JLo Beauty That Limitless Glow mask is a "custom-designed, two-piece mask, infused with one ounce of the clinically validated That JLo Glow Serum, for visibly tighter, lifted, and hydrated skin." It is suitable for all skin types and claims to target fine lines, wrinkles, dryness, loss of firmness, and elasticity. 

Something to keep in mind? One mask costs a whopping $24. That is far more than any other sheet mask I have ever come across! That certainly elevated my expectations for the overall performance of this skin care product. So....what were my first impressions of the mask? In terms of actually placing the mask on the face, this process is a little more complicated, since both portions need to be tucked behind the ear. It isn't overly comfortable to have the mask tucked behind the ear. It is cold and wet! That being said, once it is placed properly on the face, it is nice to know the mask isn't going to slide or move at all. The mask has a very light scent that is not overpowering or overwhelming. Just very subtle.

After ten minutes, the mask was ready to be removed. Did I suddenly look like Jennifer Lopez? Not quite. But it was a pretty positive experience overall. The mask itself felt refreshing, cooling, and comfortable while on. Once it had been removed, my skin felt fresh, healthy, and hydrated. I really loved the results. Maybe not $24 worth...but my skin certainly was pampered afterwards. This is certainly a standout in terms of sheet masks. There wasn't a strong scent, the mask felt secure, it was pleasant to use, and my skin felt better immediately after use. Really the downside is the price point. While $24 is fine to test something out, it is far too much to consider on a regular basis. At least for me!

All in all, my first impressions are favourable. The design of the mask is different but quite clever. The scent isn't irritating or overpowering and the overall experience was a good one. If only these weren't so expensive. For now...the JLo Beauty That Limitless Glow Mask will not be part of my regular skin care routine. However, it might be a nice treat every now and again.

Have you tried anything from JLo Beauty? What did you think of it?

23 comments:

  1. Thank you =) Oh yes the organizer is pretty nice. You're right =)

    Interesting review =) I love JLo a lot, she was one of my idols in my childhood. This glow mask sounds pretty interesting =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very expensive for me :( thanks for your review:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, me too! This is not something that I would likely purchase an awful lot.

      Delete
  3. It is a very expensive mask but it's great you were pleased with results! i'd be worried if I tried and liked it that I could then justify paying the $98 that the serum it was covered with costs, haha!

    Hope you're having a nice weekend :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I definitely know what you mean! It is certainly tempting! Thank you so much. I hope you are having a great weekend as well <3

      Delete
  4. It's expensive in Malaysia sobsob..but i guess it worth it right

    ReplyDelete
  5. This mask looks really helpful. Would love to try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely something I'll need to get too! J Lo is part of my teen and young adult life too!

    Marie
    https://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this mask is uniquely expensive :D

    beyond beneath

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great as a mask but a little expensive.
    Good weekend :))
    fiftyshadesfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds very interesting!
    Have a great weekend,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing post! Thank you very much for your sharing.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never tried anything from her line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first time trying anything. I'd love to try more, but the prices are a bit steep for me!

      Delete