There are certain makeup looks that I return to whenever I am short on time. In those instances, there are specific eyeshadow palettes that I reach for as well as a handful of other tried and true products. Recently, there was a need to get ready fairly quickly, but I didn't want to do the same old thing. I was looking for something a little more impactful. In the end, it was a super simple vintage inspired makeup look that was created. The eye makeup was fairly straightforward but there was a bold red lipstick chosen to add a little extra oomph. This shop my stash post is dedicated to an easy retro makeup look.
To create this vintage inspired look, there were a handful of different products used, including the
Ozian Forest Eyeshadow Palette from r.e.m. beauty. This is an eyeshadow palette that I have used many times at this point. I absolutely adore the combination of matte and shimmer shades. There are so many exciting possibilities. This time around, it was the neutral matte shades that were used instead of the ones that I normally reach for, like the shimmery greens. In addition to the r.e.m. beauty eyeshadow palette, the other products used include: 24 Hrs Glam Intense Mascara from Lise Watier, Tattoo Studio Gel Pot Liner from Maybelline, Blush Bomb in Cute Pink from Revolution, and the Butter Lipstick in Firecracker from NYX.

As mentioned, the eye makeup was fairly simple, and used the matte beige, Confusifying, the matte tan, Witching Hour, and the medium matte brown, The Grimmerie. Though most of my makeup looks are eyeshadow heavy, this was much subtler and was a definite change of pace. To create some classic winged liner, it was the Gel Pot Liner from Maybelline that was applied using a small brush. On the cheeks was one of the standouts from the
Revolution advent calendar that I opened during the holiday season. The liquid blush is in the shade Cute Pink and it adds a really beautiful glow to the skin. To finish off this simple vintage inspired makeup look, the lipstick shade Firecracker from NYX was selected. Red lipstick is always bold and dramatic, but is not something that I reach for on a regular basis. I tend to prefer brown and purple lipsticks, for whatever reason, but this vintage inspired looked called for red and Firecracker was the ideal shade. It added drama to an otherwise simple look.
Simple and straightforward does not have to mean dull. The red lipstick added a nice pop of colour to this makeup look, creating an end result that was colourful and vintage inspired. It was nice to shop my stash for some standout products.
This content is from the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com. If it is posted elsewhere, it has been stolen.
What kind of makeup looks do you create when you are short on time? What products have you been reaching for lately?
No comments:
Post a Comment