The LA Colors brand is known for being budget friendly and this makeup item was no exception. The Matte Lipstick costs about $3.50 and comes in a variety of different colours. As mentioned, it was the bold purple that immediately grabbed my attention. In the past, there have been all sorts of purple lipsticks in my collection, because I love the drama this beautiful colour provides. It was exciting to put the LA Colors version to the test. When it comes to the packaging, this is standard and lightweight plastic. I appreciate that the colour of the actual lipstick is shown on the bottom of the tube and can also be seen through the clear cap on the top. This made it a whole lot easier while browsing at the store. It also makes it easy to find what I am looking for in my own makeup collection. Though the packaging is nothing to write home about, it is certainly effective.
When it comes to the actual performance, there are some pros and cons. The pros? The Matte Lipstick in Entice looks beautiful. The colour is gorgeous and I love the finish. This is such a great shade of purple, especially as we are steadily creeping closer to the official start of the fall season. For the makeup look shown above, the intention was to pair it with some darker colours so there was a nice contrast. As for the cons, the lipstick is somewhat dry. It pulls on the lips and requires a little patience during application to achieve full coverage. The end result is lovely, but this is not a lipstick that is going to last all day long. It requires touchups and a little extra TLC. Though the colour is stunning, the formula is not quite as impressive.




nice colour, thanks for your sharing
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteThe color is great. Your whole makeup look is very beautiful. I love the eye makeup. <3
That color is gorgeous; I like it because it’s unique, and it really suits you. It was a great buy—I’m always amazed by the prices there; where I live, a lipstick can cost four times as much, and if it’s a high-end brand, the price is even higher.
ReplyDelete