Sunday, November 12, 2023

kim kardashian fleur fatale (perfume review)


My perfume shelf has become quite full over the years. There is something so special about scents...about beautiful bottles filled with memories and promise. One whiff of an old perfume can remind you of who you used to be. Of memories with loved ones. Of important experiences. One whiff of a new perfume can fill you with hope for what is to come. Maybe that is why different perfumes make me so happy. They are kind of like the story of my life told through scent. A little while back, the Kim Kardashian Fleur Fatale was at my local Winners. Though I had not smelled it before, it was worth the risk, because I am a huge fan of the Kardashians. In fact, there are many Kim Kardashian perfumes in my collection already. (My all-time favourite is Gold.) So...how was Fleur Fatale? And how does it compare to other fragrances in my existing perfume collection? 


This perfume from Kim Kardashian was apparently released in 2014, but it wasn't something that I had come across in my travels until recently. Essentially...I saw Kim Kardashian on the box and added it to my cart. It was as simple as that! Fleur Fatale is described as being "captivating, feminine, and sensual." It is a floral woody musk with top notes of bergamot, black currant, and violent. The middle notes are tea rose, peony, and iris. The base notes are white musk, sandalwood, and amber. So, all that said, how does the perfume actually smell? To me, it smells strongly of rose and powder. It is not my favourite perfume. At all. The smell makes me feel like I am at a department store, totally overwhelmed by the combination of scents. I think it is the rose coming through or perhaps the combination of floral scents, but this particular perfume is not to my taste. Sigh! On the plus side, the bottle is stunning. It is shaped like a white rose and looks absolutely breathtaking. At least if this scent is not my favourite, I can still enjoy looking at it. I suppose that is the risk when you are purchasing a perfume without being able to test it first. (Which is always the case at discount stores like Winners and Marshalls.) Sometimes, the risk pays off and you find something extra special. Other times, not so much. Thankfully, this will make my beauty room even more beautiful. 

Have you tried Fleur Fatale? What did you think of it? Share your favourite perfumes in the comment section below! 

10 comments:

  1. Wow, was für ein wunderschöner Flakon. LG Romy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame Fleur Fatale didn't live up to expectations.
    Like you, I used to have a shelf crammed full of scents, but lately I've been using the same three or four scents in rotation. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I would love to know which scents you have been using lately!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the honest review, Shannon! As someone who likes heavy scents, the top notes sound like something that would smell great but as you said, sometimes, it just doesn't work to your preference. The bottle does look fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! The bottle is definitely really beautiful!

      Delete