Wednesday, July 12, 2023

jaclyn cosmetics: luminous rouge (review)

What is it about blush? It always seems to catch my eye. Especially when there is a colour that is a little different than the other offerings in my makeup collection. Take LOML as an example. This warm peach, almost orange, loose powder blush immediately intrigued me. This was another Winners find from a little while ago. (I seem to be buying the bulk of my non-essential products there these days. Despite having a Sephora gift card sitting in my wallet, nothing at Sephora has felt like a must have lately.) I have tried a few products from Jaclyn Cosmetics in the past and the experiences have been mixed. That being said, testing out different items is always fun for me. Especially when those products are heavily discounted. This blush cost about $8 CDN but it is still listed as $30 USD on the Jaclyn Cosmetics website. Not bad! Ready to find out how the Luminous Rouge loose powder blush from Jaclyn Cosmetics performed? Here is everything you need to know.


When it comes to blush, too much is never enough, in my opinion. I know everyone has rules about how much blush to wear and where to place it...but as I have gotten older, I have started to care less and less about beauty and fashion rules. I just do what I want! And what I want is to wear too much blush. I just like a heavier look on the cheeks. Thankfully, the Luminous Rouge loose powder blush in LOML provides the best of both worlds. There is a ton of colour payoff, but the finish still manages to look somewhat natural. According to the brand, the blush formula was created to provide a soft flush of colour, blur imperfections, and leave a subtle radiant finish. Does it blur imperfections? I can't say that was something I noticed. However, the colour itself is beautiful, the loose powder blends out wonderfully on the skin, and the colour is fantastic. 

There are pressed blushes, cream blushes, and liquid blushes in my blush collection currently, but no loose powder ones. That is one of the other ways that the Luminous Rouge stands out. Plus, there is the packaging to consider. It is beautiful and feels very luxurious. There is a twist off gold topper and a clear base. The topper has some weight to it, so this definitely feels a little higher end than some of the other individual blushes in my makeup drawer. Want to see this blush in action? It was actually featured on the creation of beauty is art. in the past as part of a monochromatic makeup look. That monochromatic look was inspired by the colour orange, so this loose powder blush made perfect sense. Despite being described as a warm peach by the brand, it leans more orange, if you ask me. At any rate, here is a reminder of that particular makeup look...

Out of all of the Jaclyn Cosmetics products that I have tried so far, the Luminous Rouge in the shade LOML is easily the standout. The packaging is great, the colour is fabulous, and the finish it outstanding. This is a really impressive loose powder blush. I absolutely adore it and will keep my eyes peeled for other shades. It is always exciting to find a blush that wows. 

Have you tried anything from Jaclyn Cosmetics? What do you think of this blush colour?

10 comments:

  1. New brand for me , thanks for your review...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn´t knew about this grand
    Beautiful packaging and shade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The packaging is really pretty! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. That color looks perfect for you!
    wanna try that brand me too, I like a nice blush!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my blush, but have never tried a loose powder one, nor a blush in this particular warm peach, almost orange colour. Your make-up here looks absolutely stunning Shannon! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love the colour. It's different for sure, but totally perfect for the summer season!

      Delete
  5. Yes this is really nice that she launched a new product on her birthday <3 I think I will try it today after work and workout :D Thank you.
    I love chicken cheese nuggets, so delicious. Thank you my dear =)

    Great review =) I don't know this brand but this packacking looks high-quality.
    This rouge has a nice colour, perfect for summer. I like your look a lot, looks super fresh =)

    ReplyDelete