Tuesday, May 10, 2022

love it or leave it? ashlee simpson

There has been a lot of Ashlee Simpson music playing in my home recently. I have always loved her, but lately, her music has been even more of a must. Not only is her voice incredible, but her songs are fantastic and take me back in the best possible way. Her style has always been iconic. When I was younger, I wanted my hair like hers, my makeup like hers, and my style to be just like hers. So it only makes sense to focus on Ashlee for the latest edition of love it or leave it? Check out her latest look...

What I Love: Ashlee and her husband stepped out at a recent event and she certainly wowed. There is a lot to love about this look! First of all, that ultra long silk blouse is gorgeous. I love the pops of colour on the shoulder and at the bottom. This is relaxed and laid back, but still has a certain level of polish and sophistication. It is the perfect blend! Something else I love? The natural waves in the hair, the simple glam makeup, the white nails, and the those jeans. Normally, that style of jean is not my favourite, but on Ashlee, it just works. Especially with that long blouse. The different pieces all came together just right. 

What I Loathe: The only real miss for me with this look is that purse. The woven design isn't my favourite and I don't love the shape either. It just looks a little clunky and awkward compared to the rest of the outfit, which happens to be very carefree and effortless. The purse isn't a serious snag, but it certainly isn't my favourite part of the look. 

All in all, this look from Ashlee Simpson is a love. There is something so wonderful about an outfit that looks casual and still manages to look put together. That is not easy to achieve! I love that Ashlee always pushes the boundaries with style and you never know quite what she will wear. If you ask me, Ashlee Simpson definitely has the makings of a fashionista. 

What do you think of this look? Love it or leave it?

4 comments:

  1. I am not familiar with her music, but she looks cool!
    Have a great day and don't miss my Postcards from Philadelphia post ;)
    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. I don't usually listen her music, but she sings well.
    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, she has a really wonderful voice <3

      Delete