Monday, May 2, 2022

positive affirmations to start the month off right

May is no ordinary month. Named after the Greek goddess, Maia, this month is all about flowers in bloom, warmer weather, and new beginnings. Maybe last month felt challenging or you have a bit of anxiety about the days ahead. This is the perfect time to refocus your mind. Positive affirmations are one way to do just that! Affirmations are positive statements, which are said either aloud or in your head. These statements make it possible to overcome limiting beliefs, can shift your mindset, boost your mood, and increase confidence levels. With a new month just beginning, it is more important than ever to welcome in the positive. Ready to start the month off right? Here are some positive affirmations to incorporate into each and every May day. 

Several years ago, positive affirmations became an essential part of my everyday life. My thoughts were often quite negative and I found it easy to be dragged into a state of anxiety, worry, and worst-case-scenario thinking. Finding out that I was not my thoughts - and that my thoughts could be changed - was a powerful discovery. Positive affirmations have been beneficial to my everyday life, but especially during stressful times. They allow me to refocus my mind and shift my perspective. Even though reciting the affirmations may seem a little odd at first...it is definitely a worthwhile practice. Try reading the following positive affirmations aloud or recite the list in your head for an unforgettable month.


  • I am excited about the month ahead. I know there are amazing experiences in my future.
  • All of my days are filled with joy and purpose. 
  • I feel more and more at ease with each passing day.
  • I fully and completely love and accept myself. I easily forgive myself and others.
  • Gratitude is an important part of my daily routine. 
  • I believe in myself and know that I am always doing my best.
  • I find peace in small, quiet moments. It is easy for me to relax. 
  • May is going to be a wonderful month and I will make special memories! 
  • Life is beautiful. I love life and life loves me.
  • I release the past and look forward to the month ahead. I know there is joy in my future. 


Looking for even more affirmations? Here is a list of the 101 Best Louise Hay Affirmations of All Time. Her work has really inspired me and her affirmations are the best. Consider adding positive affirmations into your month for a memorable May!

How will you make the month of May special? Do you have anything planned?

8 comments:

  1. What a great post :) thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos :) Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great affirmations, Shannon! Thank you so much for sharing.:) These past few years, with what's happening in the world, it's been really hard not to be so negative all the time. Reminding ourselves all of life's little pleasures is definitely a much-needed activity in our life. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am needing them even more these days! The last few years have been so hard and it seems that there are more battles to fight still. Stay strong <3

      Delete
  4. Hello dear, May is truly a wonderful month and we hope it will be a rebirth for everyone after these difficult years.

    ReplyDelete