Friday, July 3, 2020

#FOTD feat. kkw beauty and good american


There haven't been a lot of reasons to dress up lately. My uniform for a long while was a combination of t-shirts and sweatpants. It made me miss putting together the perfect outfit. (Even though those comfy at-home ensembles were fabulous in their own right.) Which is why I took a little extra time to pull together a casual yet glam outfit. It was the best of both worlds. Plus, it gave me the opportunity to wear some of my new pieces from Good American. In case you missed that mini haul and review, you can check it out here. For this particular look, I wanted something simple but still made me feel all decked out. Keep reading for a breakdown of the look and some #FOTD makeup photos.

Okay, first thing is first. The outfit. As you can see from the picture above, this was all about choosing a statement piece. That snakeskin print blouse is a new addition to my wardrobe from Good American. It really was love at first sight. Few things are better (or easier to wear) than a good blouse. I love that the print stands out and instantly adds an extra element of excitement to this ensemble. Then to compliment that bold blouse without pulling attention from it, there was my new Good American jeans. They are black, skinny, and ultra comfortable.


For accessories, it was all about gold. For whatever reason, I always think gold goes well with animal prints. So...gold it was! I wore my largest pair of gold hoop earrings (I bought them ages ago from Winners, because they reminded me of Khloe Kardashian. Seeing as this look is all about Good American clothing, this seemed to make sense) and threw on a pair of golden Christian Siriano flats. The shoes are simple but have lots of stylish details thanks to the tassels on the front.

Now to move onto the #FOTD. This makeup look was all about warm and wearable colours. So, I rounded up a handful of beauty favourites. That included a palette from KKW Beauty, a bronzer from Too Faced, a highlight, and a NYX Lingerie liquid lipstick. For the essentials, I used the L'Oreal Infallible Pro Glow foundation, a brow pencil from Annabelle, a Maybelline powder, The Super Sizer mascara from Cover Girl, and an eyeliner pen from Paris Hilton Cosmetics.


To create the makeup look pictured above, I started with the KKW Beauty Sooo Fire Eyeshadow Palette. Though there are a lot of stunning metallic shades in this palette, I opted for the buttery mattes instead. I used the shade Crater of Hekla all over the lid, blended Kilauea in the inner corner and underneath the lash line, and created a subtle smokey look with Pele's Curse. These warm brown shades were easy to wear and effortlessly complimented that snakeskin printed blouse. Then it was a bit of eyeliner and mascara to finish off the eyes. On the cheeks, I used the Too Faced Gingerbread Bronzer and layered the Moscow Mule highlight over top. Then to finish things off, it was the NYX Lingerie liquid lipstick in the shade LIPLI 10.

Dressing up hasn't been high on my to-do list lately. I've gotten quite comfortable (literally) with my sweatpants, t-shirts, and zip-up hoodies. However, every now and then, it feels good to get a little more glamorous. Thanks to some newer items from Good American and some beauty favourites from my collection...I was able to make that happen.

What do you think of this #FOTD? Are you a fan of KKW Beauty or Good American?

22 comments:

  1. Nice makeup 😊 thanks for your sharing 😊 have a lovely weekend 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope you have a wonderful weekend as well :)

      Delete
  2. Your eye makeup is on fleek! And you hair looks like silk ♥ So glowy! ❤

    Blog de la Licorne * Instagram * We♥It

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is one of your best make up, I like so much! :)
    Have a god weekend dear..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your eyes is so beautiful. I like them... kisses

    www.ioannes.site

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your makeup, the eyeshadow is so pretty :)

    Perla Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful blouse on you and as always your makeup looks perfect! :) I liked it when the schools reopened here as I had a reason to get dressed out of my pyjamas or loungewear each day! :)

    Hope you are having a nice weekend :) It's a bit windy and wintery here!

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you! I am really loving the blouse. It is so pretty! Yes, I can imagine it is nice being able to get dressed for the day. It really does shift your mood! It has been a wonderful weekend here. I hope yours was wonderful as well :)

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous makeup and love your hair :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post.

    www.paginasempreto.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  9. perfect makeup for those shoes!
    have a great week,
    S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I hope you have a wonderful week as well :)

      Delete
  10. I didn't buy new clothes this summer. I still have a lot of at home and I am almost always at home 🙈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you on that! I'm at home 99% of the time these days.

      Delete