Monday, February 24, 2020

#FOTD feat. NYX Love Lust Disco Collection


Every once and a while, a collection comes out that is instantly intriguing. That perfect describes the Love Lust Disco collection from NYX. There was so much to choose from! Lip sets, eyeshadow palettes, and even highlight sets. It was overwhelming in the best possible way. Luckily, there are a handful of items from the collection that I've been able to put to use lately. That includes the Love Lust Disco Rose and Play Shadow Palette, the Lip Lingerie Kit, and the Lip Cream Lip Vault. Ready to see some of those products in action? How about a mini review or two? Here goes....


NYX Love Lust Disco Rose and Play Shadow Palette (Review)



The Rose and Play Shadow Palette (pictured above) was given to me by my wonderful husband. The reason he chose this particular item? He said those were my colours. He was so right! When it comes to eyeshadow shades, I tend to be drawn to warm shades. Browns, burgundy, champagne....and well, this palette has all of that and more. I love the variety of finishes and of course, the shade selection. It is absolutely gorgeous. I also love that there are light, medium, and dark colours. The palette is a fantastic all-in-one set and thanks to its compact size, it is wonderful for travel. (In fact, I took it with me on a recent weekend getaway.) The pigmentation level is phenomenal and all in all, the Rose and Play set is a winner. The only critique I have of the NYX eyeshadow palette is that there are no shadow names. Only numbers printed on the back. It is a small detail but something that could've really elevated the palette even more.   

In addition to the eyeshadow palette, I also have been using the Lip Lingerie set. That particular set features two Liquid Lipsticks in the shades Teddy and Exotic - as well as a Push-Up Lip Lingerie Crayon Lipstick in Bedtime Flirt. The liquid lipsticks have great staying power and bold colour payoff. The lip crayon is a new favourite thanks to the excellent staying power, ease of application, and gorgeous shade. When it comes to NYX lip products...the Lip Lingerie set is just the tip of the iceberg. For instance, take a peek at the video below.



Another item that my husband picked out for me was the Love Lust Disco Lip Cream Vault. It included ten different products in a wide range of colours. If you want to see them in action, I recently posted a Try On video to my YouTube channel. You can see each and every colour and hear my thoughts on that particular collection release.


#FOTD: Warm Glam Makeup Look


Now to showcase the products in action. Above is a recent face of the day! I opted for this warm glamorous makeup look for a dinner out with a couple of friends. To create it, I used the shimmery burgundy eyeshadow shade all over the lid, applied that warm brown through the crease, the glittery gold on the inner third, and a shimmery champagne shade underneath the brow bone and on the inner corner. Along the lower lash line was a bit of that dark brown and some more of the shimmery burgundy. Then there was some liquid eyeliner and a coat of mascara. On the cheeks, it was the blush from The Needs palette and on the lips, that NYX Lingerie Push Up Long Lasting Lipstick Crayon. The shade is again, Bedtime Flirt and I absolutely adore it. The shade is so warm and wearable. It really pulled this warm look together. 

What do you think of the #FOTD? Have you tried anything from this NYX collection?

4 comments:

  1. These colours are pretty and lovely makeup with it :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful palette and very beautiful portraits. Thanks for the review)))

    ReplyDelete