Wednesday, June 3, 2020

honest beauty magic beauty balm stick (review)


There are always those brands you hear about but never really try for yourself. Honest is certainly one of those companies for me. As a lover of popular culture, the Honest company has been on my radar for many years. (Thanks to founder and long-time actress, Jessica Alba.) Despite that...I never really considered purchasing anything from them. Though the brand mission of ethical consumerism is admirable, there weren't a lot of items that I genuinely felt compelled to add to my household. Then makeup came into play. Makeup has always been and will always be my weakness! I was curious how a beauty product from this billion dollar brand would perform. Which is how the Magic Beauty Balm Stick came into my collection. Curiosity! If you've also been curious about Honest Beauty then keep reading. Here is a full review of this moisturizing and illuminating stick.


As I mentioned, the Honest company was all new to me. That included their Honest Beauty line. (It includes a fairly decent range of products, including CC Creams, an eyeshadow palette, blush shades, tinted lip balms, and more. To take a peek at the complete collection, you can check out their website here.) The best place to start? With a product that was a little bit different to anything else in my current makeup collection. When it comes to highlighting products...I have more than my fair share. I love anything that sparkles and shines. Especially on the cheeks! However, the Honest Beauty Magic Beauty Balm Stick doesn't shimmer and sparkle. Rather, it claimed to give the skin a fresh dewy look. It was intriguing, to say the least.

In terms of the packaging, it is very simple and straightforward. The balm stick comes in a recyclable cardboard box. Then on the inside there is a plastic stick that contains the makeup. You twist up the base to reveal the product inside. It isn't anything revolutionary but it works well. One little detail that I really like is the addition of the double cap. Once you remove the outer cap, there is a smaller individual cap on top of the balm itself to prevent it from drying out. I love that attention to detail and the fact that this adds to the longevity of use.


Now to discuss the product claims. According to the brand, this is a "one-and-done moisturizing, illuminating beauty balm stick." It is said to have light-reflecting pigment that creates a sheer amount of shimmer. Unlike many highlighters on the market (and in my beauty room) this isn't loaded with shimmer. It doesn't look artificial, blinding, or over the top. Though those bolder types of highlighting products are always fun...sometimes achieving that fresh and glowy look is just as important. That is exactly what this Magic Beauty Balm stick does. It gives the skin a noticeably dewy finish. It adds a healthy amount of shine that looks natural and fresh. This can be applied anywhere, from the cheeks to cuticles to rough patches of skin. Personally, I prefer to use this over top of a fabulous blush or on bare skin for a healthy finish.

The balm contains ultra moisturizing ingredients, including coconut oil, Shea butter, olive oil, Argan oil, and Jojoba oil. As someone with dry skin...this is excellent. I love that not only does this balm stick and a healthy fresh glow to the skin but it is also intensely nourishing. Anything that hydrates is right up my alley. Ready to see the Magic Beauty Balm Stick in action? Below is a makeup look that I created, adding the product to the top of the cheekbones, chin area, and nose. It added a wonderful freshness that look extra fabulous this time of year.


Rating: 5 / 5

This was my first time trying anything from Honest Beauty. All in all, it was a total success. The Magic Beauty Balm Stick works well, looks beautiful, and is ultra hydrating. It has everything needed to create that effortlessly glowing finish.

Have you tried anything from the Honest company? Are you a fan of Honest Beauty products?

22 comments:

  1. I didn't know about this product but it looks amazing on your skin, very glowy and beautiful!
    xx

    Freak Muffin Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! Yes, it is adds such a pretty, fresh glow. I am really loving it.

      Delete
  2. Hi! I haven´t tried that product but it looks interesting.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't tried anything from this line yet (not the biggest Jessica fan) but this sounds great! I might just have to check it out. A girl can never have enough great skin care products IMO:) Thanks for the review:)
    Hope you're having a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I am really liking it! It's such a natural-looking glow boosting product. Great to pair with more natural looks. Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  4. Very nice post!!! Kiss and read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow the effect of this balm on your face is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know the brand, I was super curious. :)
    Xoxo
    http://myheartaintabrain.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm always curious about brands I haven't tried yet! Thank you for stopping by :)

      Delete
  7. I don't know this but sounds good for sure :-D

    ReplyDelete