Tuesday, June 23, 2020

current favourites: early summer edition


Can you believe? The official start of summer is on the horizon. In fact, it is just a few days away. Though the summer season hasn't technically begun just yet...in my mind it is already time for sunshine and sandals. Which probably explains why I have been reaching for lots of summer-inspired products lately. Among other things! That is what inspired today's post. I wanted to spend some time focused on a few of my current favourites. They are items that I am referring to as my early summer must-haves. As you can see from the picture above, there are skin care items, beauty products, and more. Keep reading to find out why they are on the top of my seasonal essentials list.

  • Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer. Okay, it just wouldn't be a summer themed favourites list without this gradual tanner. It has been a must have of mine for years. (Take a peek at one of my many YouTube videos dedicated to the tanner for proof of that!) There is a reason this moisturizer is such a staple in my spring and summer life. It adds a healthy glow to the skin over a period of a few days, moisturizes the skin, and smells good. Plus, gives my ultra pale skin a natural-looking tan. 
  • Becoming: A Guided Journal For Discovering Your Voice. This guided journal inspired by Michelle Obama's best-selling book, Becoming, has been sitting on my bedside table for a while. I've written in it here and there but more recently, it has been far more frequent. The book has all kinds of prompts (like, "What was the best TV show you saw as a kid?" or "Who makes you feel like you matter?") and you fill out the journal accordingly. I love that there is a combination of serious topics and light-hearted ones. It is a wonderful way to learn more about myself and write down memories from my past. 
  • Gingham Body Lotion from Bath & Body Works. I had a signature scent. It was Country Chic from Bath & Body Works. I used that lotion every single day! Sadly, they retired it. This was totally heartbreaking for me. Though they have lots of fabulous products (and I had no trouble stocking up on lots of them) it took a long while to find something that might replace my beloved Country Chic. Then I stumbled upon Gingham. It is described as a "pretty patchwork of fresh florals and juicy fruits." To me? It smells fresh, clean, and feminine. 
  • Hilfiger Woman Pear Blossom Perfume. Though there are a lot of perfumes in my collection, this is one of my favourites for the summer season. Not only is the bottle cute (I love that preppy bow on the cap and the beautiful curved cube shape of the bottle) but the smell is delicate, sweet, and fruity. It is light and fresh. Though it could certainly be worn at night, this is more of a daytime scent. I also love how easily it compliments other scented products. Which is one of the many reasons I reach for it over and over again. 
  • Dominique Cosmetics Rustic Glam Eyeshadow Palette. My makeup collection is loaded with lots and lots of palettes. Typically, I have one specific palette in mind before I start a makeup look but sometimes, I like to just pick one at random. The latter is what happened most recently. Randomly, I chose the Rustic Glam palette from Dominique Cosmetics and fell in love with the gorgeous summery shades. Now that the weather is getting warmer...this is something I've been reaching for over and over again. 

While all of these items are early summer favourites, one actually made its way into a recent YouTube video. It was inspired by the start of the season. Be sure to take a peek at a Glamorous and Bronzed makeup look featuring the Rustic Glam palette.



Well, there you have it! Those are some of my early summer favourites. Yes, they are my current top five for the month of June. I have been really enjoying putting these lifestyle, skin care, and beauty products to good use lately - and will continue to do so as the weeks and months continue.

Which products are you loving lately? Are you excited for summer?

24 comments:

  1. I've never heard about these products :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all really wonderful! Thank you so much for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. Amazing review dear and beautiful video!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting products. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great makeup - you look amazing :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately, I do not know any product, I did not even see them on the shelf in the store. maybe I was not looking at them, maybe they are not in my country. great review :)
    Greetings from Poland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They might not be available where you are but hopefully you'll come across some similar items!

      Delete
  6. You look amazing my dear! Fantastic post! 

    https://elenabienvenido.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. moisturizer and body lotions are something my skin is practically eating

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! All of the hand sanitizer and constantly washing hands has made moisturizers even more of a necessity for me.

      Delete
  8. I didn't know these products. Thanks for your advice.

    ReplyDelete