My lucky number has always been seven. There is no rhyme or reason behind this choice...the number simply stands out to me. Seeing as seven is my lucky number, I am especially excited to be celebrating seven years of the creation of beauty is art. It is hard to believe that my very first post was published all of those years ago. Since then, this blog has seen me through some major life changes. From various writing jobs to getting married, this space has been my constant companion. As I take time to reflect today, I realize how incredibly proud I am of all the hard work and dedication that has gone into each and every post. (All 1255 of them!) To celebrate this special occasion in style, here is a little tag so you can get to know me better.
25 Questions Tag
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Easy. Walt Disney World! Even though I have been there several times (and there are a million other places I would love to visit), I'd give anything to be there right now. It is my happy place.
- You've been given the opportunity to give all of your money to charity. Who do you give it to? For me, that would be the Michael Cuccione Foundation. They focus on research to treat (and one day cure) childhood cancer.
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? A writer. I always dreamed of writing in some form or another. Though I have written plenty of articles, blog posts, product descriptions, and everything in between....writing books is a dream of mine. One I am currently pursuing!
- What is the one thing you consider okay to lie about? Something where the truth would hurt another person unnecessarily.
- Do you know where your birth certificate is at this very mine? Of course. It is put somewhere safe, along with other important documents.
- How do you get to work everyday? It varies. Sometimes by car and other times by bus. I walk home almost every day, which is great exercise!
- What three things make you happiest right now? My husband, knowing that there are people in my life that care about me, and the fact that I pushed myself really hard during a workout today.
- You can either speak or hear, but not both. Which do you choose? To hear. Music is a huge part of my life and I would be devastated without it. Plus, I can always write instead of speak.
- What is your greatest strength? That I am open to learning more about myself and the world around me.
- Who - dead or alive - would you most like to meet? Either Michael Cuccione or John Denver. Both were so passionate, positive, and had incredible views of the world we live in.
- Do you like surprises? Not at all. I am someone who likes to have a plan and stick to that plan, though I am working on being a little less rigid!
- What single thing can you not live without? The love of my family.
- Where do you hope to be in five years? Living a happy life with the people I love. Oh, and maybe have a few completed manuscripts under my belt.
- How do you like your eggs? Scrambled.
- What did you dress up as last year for Halloween? You know, I actually can't remember. But I know what I want to dress up as this year. Pepper Ann!
- If you could legally change your name, would you do it? I changed my last name when I got married, but other than that, no. I like my birth name and my married name.
- What is your greatest weakness? Chocolate. Definitely chocolate.
- Do you have an article of clothing that you would gladly wear everyday? I have this really comfortable David Bowie t-shirt that I've worn at least a hundred times. So, probably that!
- What is your ideal job? To be a published author with a book deal. Writing every day and not needing to have a day job.
- When you die, what do you want people to remember you for? For bringing joy to the lives of others.
- What is your favourite colour? Pink.
- Is there anything that you pretend to enjoy, but honestly don't? Some days, work. As grateful as I am for my job, it can be draining. I would much rather be at home watching Netflix!
- How do you deal with conflict? It sort of depends on the situation. If someone is direct with me about a problem, I will usually vent my frustrations elsewhere, reflect on the situation, and then talk it out. If someone is indirect with me, I will put my stubborn personality to good use. (I am a Scorpio, after all.)
- If you could have one super power, what would it be? Invisibility. Sometimes, it is nice to be left alone and not have to deal with outside energies.
- What is your favourite thing about yourself? That I am always doing my very best.
Thank you for celebrating seven years of the creation of beauty is art. If you've ever read my blog, commented, or followed...please know how grateful I am. Your support means the world to me!