Friday, September 13, 2013

review: milani colour statement lipstick


Editing Note: Since Milani chose to contribute to a campaign that involved the harassment and bullying of a domestic violence survivor, I no longer support the brand and do not recommend their products. Spend your money wisely and look elsewhere. 

 

I've been trying to buy less lip products and use more of the ones that I already have. But that plan quickly went out the window when I found these Colour Statement Lipsticks from Milani! I have a few things from this brand, and what I do have, I love. So....I went for it. And honestly, I'm glad that I did.

There were a few different shades to choose from but Flamingo Pose and Naturally Chic stood out to me the most. Why? Flamingo Pose was this super vibrant pinkish red. I love how bright, fun, and bold it is! I find myself wearing this one when I want a wearable pop of colour. As for Naturally Chic, it's a really deep brownish red. I think this is going to be one I reach for a lot during Fall. It's such a rich shade!

Here are the swatches: (Left: Flamingo Pose, Right: Naturally Chic)


When it comes to the colours themselves, I just love them. It's also fantastic that the colour really builds, so it can be as bold as you want! Plus, the packaging is really pretty and glam...always a good thing. They definitely are great additions to my lipstick collection.

My only issue is that these lipsticks aren't particularly moisturizing on the lips. This probably won't affect most people, but I happen to have dry lips...which means that I always need to add chapstick over top. (Story of my life!) If this isn't a problem for you, then you will absolutely love these fabulous shades. They last well and look great.

Have you tried anything from Milani? What do you think of these lipstick shades?

xo Shannon

25 comments:

  1. Love the Flamingo Pose shade! So pretty.

    http://bigbeautybag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Thanks for the comment. =) I'm following you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to pick, but i think, i will go for the Flamingo Pose...Nice review and you got a very chic blog. Love it.
    Following you now via GFC, hope you will follow us back.
    Regards
    Patchoulii-Flog

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shades are truly beautiful! I never tried Milani, thanks for review darling.
    xo
    About women and not only Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the first colour!

    http://made-in-marta.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never tried this brand, I never saw it here in Italy...but the shades are beautiful ! <3

    Fashion and Cookies
    Fashion and Cookies on Facebook
    Bloglovin
    You're invited to enter my Cichic $100 Giveaway, Open worldwide until September, 27th !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing these. I never tried this brand before and they look and sound very nice! xx Pip
    xx Easy Outfits, by Pip

    ReplyDelete
  8. flamingo looks nice! ^^ i havent tried anything from milani. i really wanna try the baked blushes :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adore naturally chic - I love oranges and corals, they are perfect now it it's Autumn! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woow, lovely colours :)
    Thanks for your comment (and that you're ALWAYS commenting my posts ;))

    Xoxo,
    Bibi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like them both because they look so chic. :D

    http://lifesplash.nl

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like it

    http://miela-tahril.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. red lipstick is so amazing!! :) it's my favourite shade and apparently taylor swift's too lololololololololololol :)
    <3 chloe-anna
    http://prettylildolls.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never heard of this brand but the colors look good :)
    xx
    www.JuneWantsItAll.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never tried this brand, but it looks totally gorgeous! I have to try it soon.

    xoxo
    Mathilde from
    Parisian Fairytale

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never tried anything from this brand, the name sounds italian but it's not sold in Italy!!

    (¯`·._.·Nymphashion·._.·´¯)

    ReplyDelete
  17. amazing colors especially the second one!

    xx
    FashionEvELand | FEEL

    ReplyDelete
  18. The colors look absolutely amazing!
    Great choices!
    Lot of greetings,
    xoxo Eva
    NICOVABEAUTY

    ReplyDelete
  19. good shades of lipsticks huh!..nice choice:)

    foolowed! Care to follow back?Thanks!

    iAmjinjoo-pearl.blosgpot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely colours. I love the red shade.
    http://motorboost.info/

    ReplyDelete