Saturday, September 7, 2013

review: benefit the rich is back!


Who doesn't love Benefit? I swear, the more products that I try from them, the more I fall in love! I am always so impressed with the quality of their makeup. I've tried a lot of face stuff by Benefit - primers, highlights and that sort of thing. (I'm also obsessed with the They're Real! mascara. It's just so good!) But I just can't resist little sets like this. Plus, it was on sale at Sephora for $28 - crazy!

So, I picked up Benefit's The Rich is Back set. Ready to find out my thoughts and check out some swatches? Here goes!

The set included 4 shimmery eyeshadows, one mini They're Real! mascara, the Inferno lipgloss, and one powder blush (along with a blush brush). That's a lot of products for such a great price! Now for my review.

The Shadows:

I have to say, I was super impressed by the eyeshadows. I've never tried any shadows from Benefit before, but I'm glad that I did! The texture is super soft and each of the shadows are really pigmented. They go on easily and last really well. So impressed! The colours are gorgeous as well. There is an emerald green, shimmery white, brown, and gold shade. They are definitely my kind of colours.

Here are the swatches:


The Mascara:

I've raved about They're Real! in the past. Mostly, because it's amazing. It creates gorgeous, full looking lashes with tons of length. It lasts so well too - in fact, it doesn't budge at all. I'm also a big fan of the rubber bristled wand. It is the perfect mascara! It's always handy to have an extra one around.

The Lipgloss:

When it comes to lipglosses, I'm always kind of hesitant. This is because generally, I'm not a huge fan. I hate glosses that feel sticky - which a lot of them do. My favourites are NARS - they are perfectly pigmented and not sticky. I was super excited to find out that the same can be said for Benefit's Inferno! It is a gorgeous deep red shade that doesn't feel sticky. It's the perfect pop of glamorous colour.

The Blush: 

I am a blush addict. To say the least! So, I always love trying out different shades. I was hesitant at first, to be honest. In the pan, this blush looks a little too neutral for me - but it actually packs a lot of punch! It has a gorgeous rich colour and a silky texture. I was definitely pleased with this blush colour.

Here are swatches of the lipgloss and blush:


If you couldn't tell - I love this set from Benefit. I find myself reaching for it an awful lot - and I have a feeling I'll be taking this one away when I travel. It's compact, sturdy, and has a lot of versatility...what more do you need?

Since I've been so into this set lately, I decided to take a picture of one of the makeup looks I created with it! I love that subtle pop of colour the emerald gives. Gorgeous! Here is my finished look:



Do you have this set? What are your favourite Benefit products?

xo Shannon

34 comments:

  1. Looks great! Lovely review.

    xxx
    http://myrunwayfashionworld.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love benifit too! But...shock horror...I havent tried the theyre real mascara! Must give it a go x

    CharlotteHavs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review!

    http://www.cultureandtrend.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww love this!
    Emma xx
    http://iemmafashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love benefit, just bought myself the sunbeam highlighter - I've had the pink one for years but with coming off holiday I went for gold and it's beautiful! I love that mascara too it's 100% their best. That picture of you is so pretty as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this too and I love it! Was going to post a review tomorrow :p

    http://bigbeautybag.blogspot.com/
    New huge Sephora haul ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. your make up always beautiful *_*

    visit my blog ^_^
    www.LuchLuchCraft.com
    My online store ^_^
    www.TokoLuchLuchCraft.biz

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors look amazing and I love the lipgloss
    Really great look you created :)

    http://o-fata-simpla.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never heard of this brand, but your finished look looks very nice! Thank you Shannon for your lovely comment on my blog!

    xxx
    E from Helsinki
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely palette! And love the look you created with it <3

    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  11. This palette is lovely ! I am a Benefit fan and I already own a few sets. I am gonna get this one, too ! You look stunning with that make up, your eyes really do pop :) I like it when you can find great products all in a set, perfect also for travelling =) Kisses

    Fashion and Cookies
    Fashion and Cookies on Facebook
    Bloglovin
    You're invited to enter my Cichic $100 Giveaway, Open worldwide until September, 27th !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not heard of benefit. You look stunning.
    www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely blog:) would you like to follow eachother?
    kisses
    http://styleofsibling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the full make-up look on you ... Looks amazing ! The lipgloss looks like such a perfect shade. ♥

    www.pink-purpledots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great review, thank you! The eyeshadow looks amazing! *u*

    Junniku blog [Click!]
    - A Korean fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't have any Benefit products though your review is making me think I should get some. You're right about how super pigmented they are. For me, that's why buying eyeshadow at a department store or Sephora is always preferable to the drugstore kinds. P.S. Your makeup looks flawless.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think i'd like to try this one :)


    Please visit my blog :)
    THE GIRL BEHIND THE PEN

    ReplyDelete
  18. I still havent managed to have a look at the benefit counter we just got in auckland, i keep meaning to and this post reminds me why!

    -Tara x

    SHOPSTYLECONQUER

    ReplyDelete
  19. i dont have a lot of benefit products but definitely need to get more after your post =)

    www.lesley-kim.com
    Lesley-Kim

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great post darling, amazing palette and I would like to try all these products!!!
    Have a fab start of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. CIAO BELLISSIMO BLOG SE TI VA PASSA ANCHE DA ME SONO AGLI INIZI
    http://passionemakeupbeauty.blogspot.it/
    QUESTA INVECE E LA MIA PAGINA UFFICIALE
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Passionemakeupbeauty/659785494045365

    MI SONO AGGIUNTA AI TUOI LETTORI FISSI
    CIAO COMPLIMENTI ANCORA PER IL BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great revie my baby <3
    Xxx

    Carolina

    www.the-world-c.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your makeup is amazing! You look sooo pretty! Well done girl! Thank you for stopping by!

    Come back soon to visit me on The Notebook of a Fashion Lover

    Evi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Precioso te ha quedado el maquillaje, muy guapa!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are soooooo pretty!
    I also love benefit, can't wait to try this product!

    x, Nessie

    ReplyDelete
  26. ...lovely set...I want to try the mascara!!!
    ...kiss...lu!!!
    http://beautylovelemiefollie.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete