Sunday, April 28, 2013

yes: i am a dreamer. for a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight.


There is something so freeing about the word - yes. It is such a simple word, yet I had almost forgotten that it existed! It is so easy to get caught up in responsibilities and negativity. This is exactly why I have been working to bring positivity back into my life.

A little while ago, I watched a video by Laurel House that really inspired me. (If you missed my interview with Laurel, be sure to check it out here!) The video is based on a very simple premise - introducing yes into your life. How can you do this? Start by writing yes on a post it note and put it somewhere in your bedroom. Then, write positive goals on other post it notes and put them in different places that you'll be sure to see them.

It was like a light bulb clicked on in my head. If I wanted to bring positivity into my life, I needed to remind myself of what was truly important: not the stress of work...not the state of my career....not my lack of free time. What is truly important, are the people in my life that make me feel happy and fulfilled and how I feel about myself. From this point on, I am saying Yes! to the things that really matter.

Need some post it ideas? Here are a few of the ones that I've got stashed around my room at the moment: Yes! to success. Yes! to productivity. Yes! to laughter. And most importantly, Yes! to ME.

This is the simple way that I am trying to bring positivity back into my life. If you want to watch Laurel House's yes! inspired YouTube video, check it out below.




How do you bring positivity into your life?

xo Shannon

24 comments:

  1. I love this! So easy to forget that 'yes' does exist right? Thank you so much for the words of encouragement on my blog! I'm so nervous for tomorrow (though i'm trying hard not to be) and your words truly helped ease my nerves. Thank you so much for all of your support Shannon! It will never go unnoticed! xo Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Discovered your blog by chance and I really like it
    http://lexiluthor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a great post! amazing!
    i dont have any sound on this computer, but i added your video to my watch later list so ill check it out when im on my tablet!

    x

    ♥ Ellen
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM
    Facebook + Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a sweet way to start my week, I love this idea of the word 'yes'. I've done the whole post it note thing in my room but by putting that one word in front makes everything seem that more powerful!

    Have a great week,

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post!! It's very important to smile the more you can and say yes instead of no!!

    Kisses,

    NEW POST!

    Babi
    www.voguebuster.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. good job! very nice :)))

    Hope you'll have time also to stop on my blog HERE:)

    have a nice monday!
    xx
    www.ireneccloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Condivido quanto scrivi, un'approccio positivo alla vita è indispensabile, come è necessario vedere sempre il bicchiere sempre mezzo pieno.
    http://stregatto-dch17.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a wonderful post to start the week with, love it!

    http://andini-ria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your post. Iam actually watching the Youtube videos now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blog! maybe we could follow eachother? let me know!
    www.nobodyputskorininthecorner.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post! Being positive is really important...but hard to do as well! Your words inspired me btw =)
    XOXO
    Ylenia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very uplifting post - need it after the week I've had at work!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. very good post! i try to be around people i love, my family and friends to try to bring the positivity back up in my life. and jusst try to focust on the lighter side of things
    Delightful Ideas

    $25 Sephora Gift Card Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so lovely! Love, Kyra

    www.kyras.de

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing! I love the idea of this post. Gotta focus on staying positive than letting negativity rule our lives. More women should take charge in this, positivity and happiness rubs off, so lets spread the love!
    yuliconversations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. this note is so cute:) we're all beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the way you wrote this post, this video looks interesting, I´m gonna watch it now...
    kisses
    have you seen my ethnic season project? http://petitgraphie.blogspot.com/2013/04/ethnic-season.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. great post :)love your blog, would you like to follow eachother? why dont you follow me through gfc and blog lovin and let me know :) ill definitely follow back!

    xx Jeeshan
    www.beautydosage.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely post, my dear! :)

    http://fashion-shell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thats an amazing post Shannon! In fact I am posting the video on my fb page. Exactly one year ago I was living in hell studying in a crap university just outside London, with the worst bully racist supervisor and negative colleagues, until I made the desicion to sacrifice my scholarship and annual research and leave everything back in search of happiness. I lost a big deal of money and received a hell of negativity and warnings but the price for happiness is expensive, isnt it? So now, a year later I dont regret my desicion at all. I am happy and all aspects in my life seem so much better! Thanks for posting this!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds absolutely awful. It's horrifying that people can be so cruel to one another. I'm glad that you found the strength to make a decision that was best for you - and it is SO great to hear that you are happy and don't regret it! <3 <3 <3 You are fantastic.
      the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

      Delete
  21. Beautiful post! Thank you for inspiring me!

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC, Bloglovin and G+?

    http://everythingthatclicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete