Friday, June 14, 2024

random things that are making me happy lately.


Life has been a little uneven lately. Truth be told, there have been a handful of stressful events in recent weeks. Like construction on our balcony and a massive apartment repair that will happen in the near future. (Ceiling repair...which means everything in our living room and hallway needs to be packed away and moved into another room for a few days.) There was also a celebration of life that was incredibly difficult. In response to all of this, I have been trying to focus on happy things as much as possible lately. Here are a few of the things that have been making life a little more beautiful in recent weeks.


Meeting Loonette The Clown. One clear highlight was attending a local Comicon event where Loonette The Clown (Alyson Court) from The Big Comfy Couch appeared. I was completely obsessed with this show as a child and that love has continued on into my adult years. The stuffed dust bunnies (seen in my photo with Alyson Court) normally sit in the corner of a room in our home. I've had them for many many many years and it was finally time for them to meet Loonette! It was such a neat experience. To be honest, I was totally star struck to see someone who was so important to me as a child. Though there was a very long wait in line to meet her, it was well worth it. I also purchased an autograph, which she signed from "Loonette." It was a fun detail and I am appreciative that she recognizes how important she was to the lives of kids all over the world. 


Rewatching Television Shows That I Love. There is always something new to watch these days, with tons of streaming services available. I do watch my fair share of new releases. However, sometimes it is nice to watch old favourites and fall in love with the characters all over again. One of my friends was doing a rewatch of Veronica Mars. It inspired me to pull out my DVD set to rewatch the fourth season (the only Hulu season). Though that season was divisive in the fandom, I still love it and enjoyed every minute of my recent binge watch. Another show I have been obsessed with lately is Crazy Ex Girlfriend. It was my first time rewatching in a bit and I made it through the entire series quickly. The show is incredible. I often find myself relating to things that maybe I shouldn't...and singing along with all of the songs. It was nice to reconnect with beloved characters.


Using Special Beauty Items. The products that I use tend to vary based on my mood, the season, and the occasion. Most recently, I have been finding happiness with the two products above. The first is the Sugar Cookie Palette from the Too Faced Christmas Bake Shoppe collection. It is one that I have continued to love. There are some wonderful cool toned eyeshadows and a gorgeous pink blush. For my makeup look today, I applied Claus A Stir (cool toned brown) with Treat Yo' Elf (brown-gold glitter) layered over top. A bit of It Soots You (matte black) was applied along the lower lash line to finish it all off. Most days, the Mint To Be (cool mint) eyeshadow shade is the star, but today, it was all about that cool toned brown. As for fragrances, I have been reaching for With Love by Hilary Duff a lot. This is an oldie but a goodie. (A quick Google search tells me this was released in 2006 and that makes me feel very old indeed.) I have a few bottles of this perfume because I love it so much. I was afraid of running out, so I sort of stock piled it back in the day. No regrets! This has been making life smell extra fabulous.

What random things have been making you happy lately? 

3 comments:

  1. I donno the show, but glad you got to meet her :-D That palette is completely gorgeous too :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super inspiring post! It's worth looking for joy in the little things, it makes life more beautiful :) I've been very happy lately, but I also have a lot of joy at home :)

    ReplyDelete