Friday, August 19, 2022

review: physicians formula (diamond plumper)


Physicians Formula is a brand that often catches my attention but does not often come home with me when I happen to visit the drugstore. There is one simple reason for that: money. This is easily the most expensive brand at the drugstore! For me to splurge on something, it really has to be a product that I am eager to try. On the plus side, there have been a lot of excellent Physicians Formula products in my collection over the years. For instance, the murumuru lip butters and the Casey Holmes collection. The Diamond Plumper Mineral Wear Lip Plumper in the shade Brilliant Berry Diamond certainly caught my eye thanks to the bold packaging and colour. So....was this product worth the $12 CDN cost? Did it meet my expectations? Here is everything you need to know about this drugstore plumping gloss from Physicians Formula.

There are three different shades in this Diamond Plumper collection. One is clear, one is a pink-coral, and the other is a berry colour. As you can see from the photo above, the berry colour (Brilliant Berry Diamond) was the one that stood out most to me. Sometimes, it is nice to have a gloss with lots of colour payoff. Something I love about this product is the beautiful packaging. This is a little more elaborate for a drugstore item and that is really what made it stand out to me. I love the unique shape and the diamond inspired cap. It is amazing how a few little details can elevate the look and feel of a product. The packaging is clear plastic and yet this looks really beautiful. It certainly stands out from others in my collection. 

As for the product itself, this is a hybrid gloss and plumper. According to Physicians Formula, this is ultra-hydrating, nourishing, and gives you a full pout. There is no doubt that the packaging is beautiful and this stands out from other lip products at the drugstore. In terms of performance, this is decent. I really love the pigmentation level. It isn't too much or too little. Plus, that berry shade is stunning. This definitely has that tingling sensation that other plumping glosses have, but it doesn't hurt or feel overwhelming. This is much more subtle in terms of the sensation. Does it act as a plumper? Yes. It's hard to say if it is from the actual plumping ingredients, though, because I think the lips look fuller thanks to how glossy the product is. The Diamond Plumper really delivers on the gloss front. It creates a dramatic and beautiful shine that cannot be ignored. 

Though the Diamond Plumper Mineral Wear Lip Plumper in the shade Brilliant Berry Diamond cost $12 CDN, there is an awful lot to love here. The packaging is beautiful, the tingling sensation is subtle, the colour is gorgeous, and this adds such a beautiful amount of shine to the lips. The quality stands out, making this product another win for Physicians Formula. 

Have you tried the Diamond Plumper gloss? Are you a fan of Physicians Formula products?

12 comments:

  1. I am yet to try this brand! This shade really suits you and I love the packaging too xx
    Janet
    www.rediscoveringmystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooo....this plumper looks sooooo good on you, Shannon! Thanks for the heads up on this. I too find the brand kinda expensive for a drugstore brand, but this does look like it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's definitely pricey for the drugstore, which is why it is an occasional treat for me, rather than a brand that I buy from regularly. But at least the plumper worked out well!

      Delete
  3. I've never used a limp plumper, but I find a berry shade a gorgeous lip colour! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that a lot. So juicy and beautiful on the lips :)

    ReplyDelete