Tuesday, January 18, 2022

winter skin care week: holiday themed hand cream + face masks

It is probably obvious by now, but I love a good theme. Not only is this winter skin care week on the creation of beauty is art. (the latest theme week) but when it comes to holiday sets, I am all in. Themed beauty products make me happy! Which is why it was so thrilling to be treated to some Christmas themed skin care products recently. My husband gave me a holiday themed hand cream set as well as a holiday themed face mask set for Christmas....and I have been putting it all to the test. 


Holiday Themed Hand Cream Set. Okay...how cute are the hand creams included in this seasonal set? I cannot get over the adorable packaging and fun colours. There were three in total: warm candied apples, frosted coconut snowball, and sugared plum pie. Each one had a cartoon animal shaped like a donut (including a penguin, polar bear, and reindeer) with festive extras (like a winter hat, present, scarf). In addition to the cartoon characters, the packaging came in different colour and there were lots of sparkly silver stars in the background. In terms of aesthetics? This set knocked it out of the park. As for the lotions themselves, they all smell incredible. These are really sweet and heavily fragranced, so if that is not your thing...look elsewhere. Personally, I just love the sweet scents and the holiday inspired vibes. My favourite is the sugared plum pie, followed by frosted coconut snowball, and then warm candied apples. The hand lotion is not super thick, but does a decent job. If your hands are in need of serious hydration, this is probably not the first thing to reach for. However, it is a good day-to-day hand cream to have around. All in all, this is a nicely themed set and the hand lotion works well.


Oh K! Merry and Bright Holiday Mask Set. Another winter skin care item that I have been using lately is from Oh K! My husband gifted me the Merry and Bright Holiday Mask Set over the holidays and it is one that I have been happily reaching for. There were six masks in total: two Bubble, Pop, Fizz Bubble Masks (in packaging that was shaped like a Christmas ornament), one Let It Shine Gold Mask (shaped like a Christmas star), two Very Merry Brightening Masks (shaped like a Christmas tree), and one Let It Glow Under Eye Mask (shaped like a Snowglobe). Everything about the packaging makes me happy. The fact that the face masks are in holiday themed packets is just so cute and so thoughtful. It definitely makes the experience a little more fun and exciting. And it has also allowed me to enjoy that Christmas feeling well into January. The bubble masks are okay, but not my favourite. That being said, I absolutely love the brightening masks, the under eye mask, and the gold mask. None of them caused any irritation and they were very easy to use. I only wish it was possible to swap the bubble masks for an additional gold mask and under eye mask. Overall. the masks all worked well, smelled amazing, and left my skin feeling so much better. They have been a real treat to use this winter....and my skin has certainly benefited.

This season, my focus has shifted to skin care. This is largely because the cooler temperatures have a habit of making my already dry skin even more problematic. Thankfully, there are lots of fabulous holiday themed products to help me through.

What winter skin care products have you been using lately? Have you tried any of these holiday items?

16 comments:

  1. so cute! And so useful in cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are all so cute! And they have definitely been coming in handy!

      Delete
  2. Good post! I follow your blog and leave a comment on the post. Follow back and leave comment on last post. ❤️ Than you! ❤️
    https://sarapokorni.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes this cocktail is really yummie =) You have to try Vanilla vodka, it's so sweet and perfect for cocktails.

    Nice winter skin care =) This handcreams look so cute. And masks are always a good choice in winter =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I definitely need to look out for it. Sounds great! The hand creams are really cute and so fun to use :D

      Delete
  4. I do love a good hand cream :-D They look mega cute :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. These hand creams in colored tubes are so cute! They are worth trying!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these hand creams are so cute! I have to admit that I use hand cream very heavily during winter and pick by cute packaging only, hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? They are absolutely adorable! I definitely can appreciate your approach!

      Delete
  7. The set of creams looks very nice, I want to buy one for myself))

    ReplyDelete