Thursday, February 4, 2021

inspired by: sadboy2005 (emo fashion + music)

Editing Note: I no longer support Trisha Paytas, because she chose to mock a victim of domestic violence.

My Chemical Romance. Panic! at the Disco. Fall Out Boy. Paramore. The Academy Is... All Time Low. Boys Like Girls. My iPod was (and still is) overloaded with emo and pop-punk music. Way back when, my style was somewhat different than it is now. Each day, I would style my heavy bangs, throw on a band t-shirt, put on a pair of colourful skinny jeans, and wear my worn-out black and white checkered Vans. Black eyeshadow, eyeliner, and a nude lip were my makeup must haves. Though a lot has changed since then (my beauty routine has certainly branched out....though I will always be a band t-shirt kind of girl), recently I've been reminded of how much emo music and style influenced me. Trisha Paytas recently started an emo band called sadboy2005. The music fully embraces that old-school emo vibe. One that defined many years of my life. 

The release of the new sadboy2005 music video has made me nostalgic in the best possible way. The video for "2005" pays homage to many iconic emo bands from times past. It also makes me long for the days spent watching music video countdowns on MuchMusic (remember when they used to actually play music!?) and trying to explain the irrationally long Panic! at the Disco song titles to my parents. Ahh...youth. In case you are curious, the video for sadboy2005 is below:


Since I am feeling fully inspired by all things emo and emo-inspired...I wanted to create my ideal outfit. One that blends the trends of yesteryear with the styles of today. Quite honestly, this is the type of look that I am ready to embrace in 2021. Cute dresses and floral blouses can be a lot of fun. So can comfy knits and stylish boots. But there is something about emo fashion that will always speak to my heart. So, here is my dream emo outfit.


Dare I say it? Emo music just might be making a comeback. With bands like sadboy2005 and a My Chemical Romance reunion on the horizon...anything is possible. Who knows? Maybe by this time next year, emo songs will be all over the radio and emo fashion will be found outside the walls of Hot Topic. A girl can dream...

What do you think of this outfit? Are you a fan of emo fashion?

10 comments:

  1. I love tese sohoes:) thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post dear! ❤️
    I followed your blog and I hope you will return the follow and comment on the last post.
    Sara Pokorni

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I don't wear band tees as often as I used to I still have and love colourful skinny jeans, haha! They have become wardrobe staples for me!


    Hope that you are having a good week :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely important to have on hand! I always love seeing your outfits with colourful jeans!

      Delete
  4. Thank you =) Oh yes it's really fun to test so many products =) I hope that too.

    Nice post, when I was a Teenager I was emo too :D That was the style of ne 2000's ^^ I had those shoes too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah! That was definitely the style. I miss it and really do hope that it comes back bigger and better than ever!

      Delete
  5. Donno who that is! I have heard of the other bands! Gimmie 70s rock bands and I'll know them haha! Nice style though :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of awesome 70s bands, so I feel you on that! Thank you!

      Delete