Saturday, October 26, 2019

testing out new shampoo (ogx + nicole guerriero)


This hasn't happened in a while. A long, while. A few months back....I ran out of shampoo. This was pretty shocking. Especially considering I tend to have a mini stock pile on hand. For a few days, I wound up using my husbands shampoo and whatever samples I had floating around. Thankfully, I wound up finding some limited edition shampoos on clearance. They were from the OGX collaboration with beauty YouTuber, Nicole Guerriero. This clearance bin find was exciting for a couple of reasons. One: I used to watch Nicole's channel all the time. She was actually one of the first beauty channels I ever subscribed to. Two: the line was holiday themed and I am a total Christmas addict. There were both shampoos and conditioners but seeing as I was still fully stocked on conditioner, I opted to pick up one of each shampoo. How do they smell? Do they work well? Would I buy another product from the brand? Here is everything you need to know....

First thing is first. What are the actual scents? The grey bottle, pictured above, is called Ice Berry Queen. It says, "rule the season with this intoxicating blend with sultry notes of succulent sugared cranberries, creamy jasmine, and liquid amber." It smells absolutely incredible. So sweet and definitely has that seasonal kind of scent. Which is fine by me, since my obsession with the holiday season lasts all year round.

The second is the pink bottle, Mistletoe Wishes. It says, "capture that breathtaking moment under the mistletoe with notes of red holly berries, light fresh evergreens, and sparkling grenadine." This one is much lighter in scent but is really pleasant as well. Though, the scent doesn't last throughout the day. Once you wash your hair....the scent kind of disappears. Which can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your preferences.

Then to finish it all off is Midnight Kisses, in that black bottle. It says, "count down to the moment you kiss your strands and your senses with this alluring blend, with notes of warm vanilla, orange blossoms, and sugar cane." This scent is definitely stronger and though it smells festive....it is definitely the most everyday scent of the three. I think that has to do with the addition of vanilla. It is warm but is also used in a lot of other beauty and hair care products.

Out of the three, my favourite scent is Ice Berry Queen. It is definitely the most holiday-esque scent and that is totally up my alley. In terms of performance, these all work fairly well. They leave the hair feeling soft and smell nice in the shower. However, I wouldn't say these are my all-time favourites. Though they are enjoyable to use, there are other brands that I prefer in terms of their performance and the staying power of the scent. (I like when that lovely shampoo scent lasts!) So while these were fun to try and I have been enjoying them...the next time I go shopping, I will likely pick up a shampoo from L'Oreal or Herbal Essences.

Have you tried anything from this brand? What scents are your favourites?

20 comments:

  1. seems a great choice!
    HAPPY WEEKEND
    xoxo
    https://stylishpatterns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm using ogx products at the moment and I love them, they're really good. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is wonderful. I was definitely curious about their other products.

      Delete
  3. It seems like a good product😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. How great you could pick them all up on clearance and stock up on shampoo again! I've been using a super old sample of OGX shampoo with the coconut shampoo and I've really been liking it but I think they change up the range often as I can't find it in the shops here to buy a full size once the sample is used up. I still have so many samples of shampoos to use before I buy any more though, ha!

    Hope that you are having a great weekend :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's always nice when that happens! Ooh using up samples is great... But tricky when you enjoy something and can't find the full sized version. I hope you're able to use up all those samples! :)

      Delete
  5. mai provati questi prodotti :) curiosa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I've ever tried anything from OGX before, Shannon. Thanks for the honest review:) We actually just buy usually the ones I see on COSTCO, or Selsun Blue when my scalp is acting out. The scent of the Berry Queen does sound lovely though:)
    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first time trying anything from them as well, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I'm all for Costco items though, so I feel you on that!

      Delete
  7. Very interesting products! I didn't know about this brand :)

    ReplyDelete