Thursday, October 10, 2019

elizabeth and james perfume review (nirvana french grey)


Perfume is one of my many passions. There is something special about it. The elegant bottles....scents that can highlight your mood....or accent your personality....ahh, bliss! At the moment, I have a rather large perfume collection. I love having a wide variety of scents to choose from (to suit every occasion) but I also love all of the different bottles. Some are truly unique, beautiful, and inspired. Though I do not need more perfume in my collection, every now and then, it is hard to say no. Especially when a fragrance seems to sweep you off your feet. That is exactly what happened when I smelled the Elizabeth and James perfume, Nirvana French Grey.

For those who do not know, Elizabeth and James is the line created by style icons, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen. (Who I have loved from an early age. In fact, you can read all about the impact Mary-Kate and Ashley magazine had on me here.) The brand has clothes, handbags, shoes, and of course, perfume. The latter is about all that is in my price range, to be honest! Since I am such a fan girl for the Olsen twins, the Elizabeth and James fragrances are always on my radar when I visit Sephora.

In the past, I've been able to pick up rollerball versions of the White and Black fragrances. Never a full sized bottle, though. (Again...the price point is pretty high. Usually over a hundred dollars per bottle. When it comes to perfumes, I am never one to spend that much.) Not too long ago, I was wandering around Sephora with a friend, just browsing. She was looking for a specific scent but wasn't quite sure what it was called. So we spent a bit of time sniffing perfumes and testing them out on one another. In the midst of this process, I saw the Elizabeth and James section. There was a sale. A sale! At Sephora! What a rare sighting! The perfume was about $40. That made it far more reasonable and something that I was suddenly willing to consider.

So I started smelling different scents from the brand. Then I stumbled upon French Grey. According to the Sephora website, the scent contains Musk, Neroli, and Lavender. It was love and first smell. I walked away from it. Walked back. Smelled it again. Wandered for a bit. Walked back and smelled it again. It was an instant love affair. I simply had to have it. What was it about the perfume that I loved so much? Everything. Absolutely everything. To start, the bottle is elegant and simple but still makes a statement. It has a raised texture and beautiful golden accents. As for the scent? It is pure perfection. French Grey smells warm and inviting. It is sophisticated and rich. The scent is wonderfully balanced and effortlessly elegant. If you are wandering a Sephora store or manage to test out Nirvana French Grey, I highly recommend it. The scent is truly remarkable.

Rating: 5 / 5

Out of all the perfumes in my collection, Nirvana French Grey certainly stands out. The scent impresses me each and every time. Not to mention, the bottle is beautiful as well. This is a fragrance that is definitely worth checking out. 

Have you tried this perfume? Are you a fan of the Elizabeth and James line?

8 comments: