Monday, March 4, 2019

becca week (reviews, makeup looks, and more)


Highlight is a girls best friend. Or at least, her beauty-related BFF. These days, more and more highlighting products are hitting the shelves. From affordable options (check out my Hard Candy Struck By Light palette review here) to high end...makeup enthusiasts are obsessed with achieving a dazzling glow. My own personal obsession with shimmer and shine is what first introduced me to Becca Cosmetics a few years back. I kept hearing about the incredible Champagne Pop highlight. That led me to add the Becca Jaclyn Hill highlighting palette to my makeup collection.

With the brands latest launch (featuring products from Khloe Kardashian and Malika Haqq) it only made sense to dedicate a few posts on the creation of beauty is art. to this high end brand. Here is what you can expect over the next several days as part of Becca Week:

  • Becca Khloe + Malika (BFF's Bronzer, Blush & Glow Palette) 
  • Becca Khloe + Malika (BFF's Glow Letters in Sweethearts)
  • Becca Khloe + Malika (Ultimate Lipstick Love in Hot Tamale and Brave) 

Until then, here is a mini review of the Becca Jaclyn Hill palette (which you can still find on sites like Amazon and eBay). After purchasing it originally, I filmed a YouTube video about the palette. You can check it out below, just don't mind the poor background and lighting set up I had at the time! 



This is a palette that I loved then and still love today. For a long time, it was my go-to highlighting palette for day-to-day as well as travel. I would always use it and take it with me. It's not hard to figure out why. This set comes with two beautiful (and ultra flattering) blush shades, a bronzer, and two large pans of highlights. That includes: Rose Spritz, Amaretto, Pamplemousse, Champagne Pop, and Prosecco Pop. I love the variety of products included here, the sturdy packaging, and the wearability of the shades. As for the highlights themselves, they add lots of gorgeous glow to the skin. They are shimmery and illuminating - and can be worn in a subtle way or built up for lots of dramatic shine. This is a quality set and it definitely made me pay attention to Becca as a brand. Since then, I've always tried to keep my eyes peeled for their new releases.

For now, that's it! However, there is a whole week of Becca related posts to look forward to. If you've been wondering how the Khloe + Malika collection performs and if these limited edition products are worth the splurge....stay tuned. There will be full reviews and makeup looks featuring each of the items pictured above.

Are you a fan of Becca Cosmetics?

23 comments:

  1. Always love your videos! Love that the lip shade matches your pretty eyes!

    Marie
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try Becca Cosmetics products because all of them are looking great. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a lot of really wonderful ones! I hope you enjoy the reviews coming up this week :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried this brand yet but the face palette looks very practical, I love it!
    xx

    Freak Muffin Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a good one! The full review will be up tomorrow :)

      Delete
  4. Great post dear

    Kiss :D

    https://damselme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post dear, so nice and interesting, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh very nice makeup darling~
    xx

    *Please don´t publish links If you comment back

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing post honey :) beautyfull make up :) this pallete look great, I need to try It :)
    kisses from Poland :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope you will come back to see the other Becca reviews this week! :)

      Delete
  8. Loved the lip shade you wearing
    www.stylebasket.in

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Becca Hill"...you're too cute, Shannon:) And love the sound of this palette. I've used Becca concealers and do love it, but haven't tried their colour products. So good to hear this one's great! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I haven't tried their concealers. I'll need to add that to my beauty wish list. Thank you!

      Delete
  10. Nice post http://www.ludatischenko.com @luda.tischenko - instagram

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great make up it suits you very well 😊

    ReplyDelete