Friday, March 8, 2019

becca week: khloe+ malika (bff's glow letters sweethearts)


Out of everything in the Khloe + Malika collection, the Glow Letters intrigued me most. Why? Because of the oh-so-adorable design. Yes, I confess that when it comes to packaging, I always always fall for the gimmick. (A few examples? L'Oreal's Paradise Enchanted scented eyeshadow palette and the candy cane shaped lip gloss set from Hard Candy.) Sometimes those gimmicks are fun and have a quality product to fall back on. Other times, the gimmick was used to disguise something that was really only so-so. When it comes to the Becca BFF's Glow Letters in Sweethearts....I wasn't sure how it would go. Would these X's and O's leave me with a glowing complexion or be a complete and total letdown? It was a toss up. To answer that question, here is a full review and makeup look.


Review: Becca BFF's Glow Letters (Sweethearts)


It's strange. In my last Becca week post, I talked about how sturdy the packaging was on the palette from this collection. Today? I will be saying the exact opposite. The BFF Glow Letters do not come in a metal or even plastic container. The letters are held in an (extremely) cheap cardboard container. Sure, the lid looks nice and has that lovely Khloe and Malika design...but it is literal cardboard. Out of all the makeup I have purchased in my lifetime, both at the drugstore and at high end stores, this was the first time the product came in a cardboard box. Yikes. It instantly cheapens the entire experience. 

Honestly, I could probably get past the horribly cheap packaging if the product inside was wonderful. Sadly, it is decent. And barely that. As you can see from the picture above, the actual shapes are downright adorable. There are all sorts of X's, O's, and heart shapes, which perfectly suits the sweethearts name. The shapes are definitely cute. Sadly, it takes a very heavy handed application to see any results whatsoever. Using a fluffy brush or sponge is a waste of time. If you want to actual see, use, and appreciate the product, you need to get right in there with your fingers. I've started to swirl my middle finger around and apply the highlight directly to the cheeks. Otherwise, it just doesn't seem possible to pick up enough product. 

That being said, if you apply enough of it using your fingers, you will in fact, see some pretty shimmer and shine. It just takes some work! And for a high end product, you probably aren't expecting to put that much work into the application process. I did my absolute best to take a picture that showcased the product on the cheeks, so here goes. 


Rating: 2 / 5

It isn't that this Becca product is all bad. It's just not all that great. When the face palette was so wonderful and you have some pretty big names attached to the collection...it's surprising that the Glow Letters came to be. The choice with the packaging was a huge blunder and the application process just isn't what it should be. When you choose a high end product, there are certain expectations that go along with the price tag. So, unfortunately, this item was a bit of a miss. 

Have you tried it? What did you think of the Glow Letters?

17 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I have never heard about this product before and it looks absolutely gorgeous! :)

    FRENCHSTYLE

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG it looks amazing. I had no idea that they made beauty prodicts though.
    Do you want to be friends on bloglovin? It’s my link, I follow back.
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    xx
    https://anna-alina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! That product is so original and very cute.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the concept was really cute! Its a shame it didn't perform as well.

      Delete
  4. Isn't the cardboard more ecological than plastic? Could that be the reason behind the choice. I think it's important to make our cosmetics more environment-friendly! Thank you for stopping by my blog, and leaving me such a kind comment!

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://www.elisabethrundlof.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, considering the fact that nothing else in the line (or from Becca in general) comes in cardboard packaging...I suspect this has everything to do with cost and nothing to do with being environmentally friendly.

      Delete
  5. You have such pretty blue eyes. Sorry to hear that the product failed to impress you.

    https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this. Such a nice post :)


    Please check out my latest post, too? I'd love to hear something from you! :)
    www.cielofernando.com
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review post. Thank you for sharing! :)
    New post - www.minniearts.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are looking very pretty dear 😊

    ReplyDelete