Tuesday, January 15, 2019

nail polish review: OPI breakfast at tiffany's (i believe in manicures)


Audrey Hepburn is an icon. Few actresses fall into that category but Audrey always made it seem easy. How? She had impeccable fashion sense, was a talented and emotive performer, exuded classic beauty, and gave back to others through her awe-inspiring humanitarian work. It is no surprise that both film and fashion lovers continue to support and admire her. Myself included! Audrey has long been one of my biggest inspirations. I love her movies, her style, and the fact that she was such a loving and giving human being. Of course, when I came across an OPI nail polish set inspired by the beloved film, Breakfast at Tiffany's...I knew I had to add this to my collection.


OPI Breakfast at Tiffany's (I Believe in Manicures Trio) 


This was a pretty unique nail polish set. Typically, sets like this come with a base, colour, and a top coat. Not this time! The I Believe in Manicures Trio consisted of: OPI Infinite Shine 2 Gel Lacquer, OPU GelColor Soak Off Soluble polish, and OPI Nail Lacquer. All three types of polish came in the shade I Believe in Manicures. While I applaud the company for providing multiple types of polishes...it ended up being a bit of a miss for me. Since I don't have a gel lamp, the Gel Lacquer isn't likely to get any use on my end. The Infinite Shine on the other hand, is part of a larger collection of items. It requires the Infinite Shine primer and gloss to seal in the colour. I'm fairly certain this can be used on its own as well but I can't speak to the longevity or wear time if used without those additional products.

The polish that I used was the traditional Nail Lacquer. It applied well and had a decent amount of colour. It took two coats for the colour to build up, which is fairly standard. I used a normal top coat to seal in the colour and add a bit of shine. The wear time has been quite impressive! It took about a week before any signs of cracking or wearing down started to take place. And it didn't chip at all. That was the best part, in my opinion. Far too often, nail polishes seem to chip off in massive chunks. OPI has a fantastic formula and I really have enjoyed wearing the colour. That being said? There is one little issue I have with this shade. This is supposed to be Breakfast at Tiffany's inspired. Yet, the shade is a light blue rather than that iconic Tiffany Blue (which has the faintest green undertone). So that was a little disappointing. However, I do really enjoy the colour, the formula, and the fact that there was an Audrey Hepburn picture on the box.

Love nail polish? How about declutter videos? If you said yes to either of those questions, then my latest YouTube video is right up your alley. It is a nail polish declutter and organization video. I filmed this quite a while ago but it kept being put on the back burner thanks to new makeup releases and special events. But finally! It is up on my channel. Be sure to check it out and let me know what you think....


Are you a fan of Audrey Hepburn? Have you tried OPI nail polishes?

26 comments:

  1. ;)

    Muito fofinho esse azul!

    Ótima quarta!

    Beijo! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also believe in manicures, this colour is so beautiful. Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the manicure, the colour looks really beautiful!
    xx

    Freak Muffin Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful colors that recall the theme of Breakfast at Tiffany's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this color and audrey hepburn too 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. The nail polish is lovely
    New post
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2019/01/mastering-rihannas-denim-style.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this color!

    https://elenabienvenido.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks so pretty! I really like it!

    FRENCHSTYLE

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love breakfast at Tiffany's and this set is definitely on point! nice nails as well

    ReplyDelete