Thursday, April 26, 2018

live like it's spring.


Can you tell? I am completely and utterly obsessed with all things spring. Not only am I in the process of doing some heavy-duty spring cleaning, but the windows are open, the sun is shining, and I am dedicated to colour and carefree days. There is something so wonderful about this time of year. It is all about renewal and starting fresh. About possibilities and purpose. Honestly, the spring season has left me inspired by just about everything. So today, I wanted to share a few of my current spring favourites.

Green Makeup and Braids 

Lately, I have been totally addicted to green and turquoise eyeshadow shades, paired with lots of liner, a peach blush, and a peach-toned lip. It is just so spring. Something else I am really into are braids. Though my skills when it comes to hair are limited, simple braids in the front are something that even I can handle. It just adds that extra something special to any springtime style. 

Gorgeous Glitter Shoes

These shoes are pure mermaid glitter. Or, as my husband said when he saw them, "It looks like a unicorn vomited all over those shoes." Obsessed? Me? Absolutely. I saw these Guess shoes during an outing with my mom and immediately starting praying that they had them in my size. Thankfully, they did and I have been in love with them ever since. These shoes are comfortable, cute, and oh-so-glittery. Yes, please! 

Nature, Nature, and More Nature

I was never someone who cared to be in nature. Most of the time, I was perfectly content to stay inside and hide away from the real world. Over time, that has changed. Though I am not someone who enjoys dirt or mud or rain....there is something so picturesque about a bright and sunny day. Whenever I go for a run, I try to take a moment to appreciate my surroundings. From the light spring breeze to the warm sunshine and a well-tended flower garden. There is beauty absolutely everywhere if you keep a lookout for it. 

Inspirational Quotes
I love a good quote and the one above is one of my current favourites. It is so important to just take a breath and have faith every now and then. These days, it is so easy to get wrapped up in planning and checking off a bunch of tasks on a to do list. As great as it is to have a goal....it is equally important to breathe and live in the moment. Another quote I am loving? "Look for something positive in each day, even if some days you have to look a little harder." This is an idea that I am living by lately.

Spring is off to a great start so far. With an optimistic outlook and plenty of fabulous favourites to focus on....I cannot wait to see what the rest of the season has in store.

Do you have any current favourites?

9 comments:

  1. Se te ve estupenda!!!feliz fin de semana guapísima!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green make up looks phenomenal! <3


    http://www.couture-case.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. great spring vibes!
    http://highheelpoodl.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a huge fan of braids, but i always torture my mum or my friends to do them cus i tend to fuck up haha. Also, those glitter shoes are amazing! *_*
    Would you like to follow each other ? Let me know: xshoppingholicx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post http://www.ludatischenko.com

    ReplyDelete