Tuesday, February 6, 2018

inspiration post: makeup, books, quotes, and more.


Inspiration can come from many places. Despite that, I have been feel a little well, uninspired lately. This might have to do with the fact that January is tough....or because I've been under the weather. Whatever the reason, there are days when creativity pours out of me and days where I am tired, grumpy, and unmotivated. Since my inspiration and creativity has been a bit all over the place as of late, I wanted to share a few images, quotes, books, and exercises with you.They have been helping me shift my mindset on those off days. Here are some quick and easy ways to get inspired....

Quotes. A good quote holds a lot of power. It has the ability to transform your mood and bring perspective to challenging situations. Perhaps this is why all of my old posts on the creation of beauty is art. had quotes for titles. Or why there are books upon books on my shelf, dedicated to quotes. They just make you feel strong, powerful, and focused.


Book Suggestions. Confession time: I love a good self-help book. Especially ones that promote or encourage positive self-talk and reaching for your goals. While there are many great books to choose from that can boost your creativity and inspire you to be your best self...a few of my current favourites include: The Woman's Book of Joy by Eileen Campbell, The Soul Searcher's Handbook by Emma Mildon, and You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero.

Makeup. Many types of makeup inspire me. Sometimes, I am all about natural looks with glowing skin and other times, I am drawn to more colourful creations. Lately? It has been all about drama. Which is likely why drag makeup has been my biggest source of inspiration. I love the bold shapes, the stunning cut creases, and of course, the lashes.


Exercises for Inspiration. Still feeling uninspired? Stuck? Not to worry. There are actually a lot of exercises that can help you unlock all of that pent up inspiration. A few suggestions include: writing in a journal (or using a writing prompt to start a short story), taking a walk outside (make sure to bundle up if the weather is cold in your area), organize your makeup collection, nail polish, or closet, or try doing a guided meditation for inspiration and positive energy. The most important thing to do is focus on a project or activity that sparks that creative and inspired side of you.

Say so long to the winter blues and hello to inspiration! These are a few ways that I am trying to stay motivated, creative, and joyful this season. Share your own suggestions in the comment section below.

xo Shannon

7 comments:

  1. Omg, perfect makeup, I really love this style for makeuping! Great post, so interesting!

    Visit my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really inspirational post, i agree with the quotes and love every make up :)
    xx

    Freak Muffin Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. So a nice post!
    Do you want to follow each other via GFC? If yes, let me know on my Blog and I will follow you back.

    Best wishes, Moni from Glam & Shine

    ReplyDelete