Monday, June 5, 2017

the happiest girls always have the prettiest nails.


I don't know how it happened. Somehow, my nail polish collection has exploded over the last while. There are a ton of different shades floating around in my beauty room....enough to keep my nails colourful for the rest of my life! Despite my full drawer of nail products, a couple of new ones made their way into my life. What can I say? The colours were spectacular.

The two shades pictured above are Too Haute from the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel line (my favourite line of nail polishes! These last really well and don't chip as quickly as most other brands. Plus, they have a super smooth finish) and Hors d'oeuvres from Essie. Too Haute is a beautiful shimmery purple. It has a metallic kind of finish and is a lot of fun.

Originally, I thought I would add the Essie polish over top for some sheer sparkle. Bad idea! Turns out the silver sparkly nail polish is super thick and has a lot more colour payoff than you'd expect. This is a great thing. Just not for the nail look I had in mind. That being said....this didn't turn out quite like I had hoped. But I figured I would share it with you anyway! Here are both nail polish colours in action....

Both of these nail polish shades impressed me. They were very colourful, pigmented, and had great staying power. (This particular nail look lasted for ten days.) Though I did not like the way the look turned out in general....both of these products are top notch. I will definitely be using them again in the future. Just maybe not together!

What is your favourite nail polish brand?

xo Shannon

1 comment: