Wednesday, June 7, 2017

review: NYX pro lip cream palette


When it comes to beauty products, I am all about convenience. If it's too complicated or tricky to use....it is a no-go for me. Which is why I typically avoid lip palettes at all costs. The reason is simple: I don't want to carry around a ton of different lip colours. Let alone pack a lip brush to tag along with me! Knowing this....imagine my surprise when I fell head over heels for the NYX Pro Lip Cream Palette in The Pinks.

It was something my husband brought home for me. (He is pretty supportive of my makeup habit and keeps a lookout for any NYX products that go on sale. Lucky me!) Immediately, I was wowed by the beautiful colour selection....but would it be practical? Here is a breakdown of this lip palette.....


Packaging. When it comes to NYX packaging, it is more or less the same from product to product. This came in a sleek and simple case with a black and white colour scheme. Though there is nothing special about the packaging itself, I enjoy the sophisticated finish and sturdiness. It doesn't feel cheap or inexpensive - and looks beautiful in my makeup collection.

Quality. Now to dig into the good stuff: the actual quality of the palette. These lip colours are all beautifully pigmented and swatch exactly as you'd hope they would. The texture is creamy and these feel very comfortable on the lips. In fact, I'd go so far as to say they are moisturizing. This is a must for me, since I have dry lips. The best thing about these shades? They can be worn full on or sheered down by applying a lip balm over top. Each shade has a great texture, lovely colour payoff, and versatility. I am loving it!


Overall Impressions. This is a product that surprised me. Though lip palettes are not usually high up on my list of favourites, this one is. It's fairly small and compact - which means you can actually take this in your purse without it being clunky or heavy. It is portable, pretty, and allows you to create a customized lipstick look. This is definitely coming with me on my upcoming vacation.

NYX rarely lets me down. If any brand could wow me with a lip palette, it was going to be them. The Pinks is a pretty, wearable, and easy to use collection of colours.

Have you tried this lip palette? What did you think of it?

xo Shannon

2 comments:

  1. Those colours look fantastic, I especially love the peachy colours.

    ReplyDelete