Friday, March 7, 2014

i think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple...and don't notice it.


My makeup obsession lately? Purple. Purple eyeshadow, purple eyeliner, purple blush...purple everything. The best though, has to be purple lipstick. You've probably seen just about everyone rocking this trend lately, from the red carpet to the mall. It's pretty clear why: purple looks amazing. On the lips, this colour is a fun way to make a statement.

As you can probably tell from the picture above, I've been collecting a few purple lipstick shades lately. I've been trying to collect some different shades. Now that I have four, I feel pretty good about the amount of purple in my makeup collection! From a pinkish purple to lilac and some deep and dramatic colours, I have plenty to choose from.

In honour of my favourite colour of the moment, here is a run down of my lipstick shades:

L-R: BITE Matte Lip Crayon in Raisin
Revlon ColourBurst Matte Balm in Shameless
Maybelline Colour Whisper in Oh La Lilac
Kat Von D Painted Love in Homegirl


I picked up the BITE Lip Crayon during my last trip to Sephora. I didn't mean to, but I just couldn't resist! It's a pink-ish purple colour and it comes off super bright. Definitely great if you want a fun pop of colour. It is basically like a twist up pen, which I quite like because it's compact and easy to store. The real selling point on this one is the colour though. I love it!

Next up is the Revlon ColourBurst which was the first purple addition to my makeup collection. I have a few other ColourBurst shades and I love the pigmentation and hydration...so I knew this one would be a winner. The colour itself is really rich and a little dramatic.

My favourite of the bunch has to be this next shade....the Maybelline Colour Whisper. It's a gorgeous lilac colour. Why? It is super light and feminine - but really bold. The texture is creamy and its nourishing on the lips. I love that the colour can build to become as intense as you like. Definitely one of my favourite lip products, well, ever!

And lastly is the Kat Von D lipstick. It is a darker shade of purple but has a little pow! to it as well. Yes, this one is definitely a statement lipstick. I absolutely love the colour - but the formula can be a bit drying. So, you'll definitely want to layer this with a lip balm as the day goes on. Great shade, though.

Out of all of these purple shades, my favourites are from BITE and Maybelline. Love! Here is the BITE lipstick in action:


Purple is definitely in. If you're anything like me, then you are finding ways to incorporate it into your beauty routine. My advice? Get a bold and don't be afraid to unleash your creative side.

What do you think of purple lipstick? Do you own any shades?

xo Shannon

31 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, laughing out loud at this title! I don't own purple lipstick but I do have a chunk of my hair dyed purple! xx Kait

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute lipstick , love the review!

    http://www.facebook.com/AmandaChicFashionRoomLounge?ref=hl
    http://fashionroomlounge.blogspot.com.es/
    Twitter / tumblr/ instagram: @fashionrlounge

    A chic kiss ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look!

    http://redsolesruntheworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful colors. ;-)
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll defiantly have to try this look! I love the bite lip crayon.

    http://summerledmonds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this look ! xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the purple lipsticks... I have been tempted to get the revlon lip one all week and now I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it today after seeing the swatch again.

    www.pink-purpledots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the purple <3 can't live without <3 and your face...!!! <3 <3 <3

    Lots of love and happy weekend,
    Vivalaohlalá!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!!!!! Good March 8: best wishes to all women. Hello dear.

    Valentina.

    WWW.ZAGUFASHION.COM
    ZAGU FACEBOOK PAGE
    bloglovin follower

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look very pretty!! :-)

    xoxo
    www.its-dash.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely lipsticks! Lucy www.tpinkcarpet.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore purple!
    Amazing last photo!

    xx
    FashionEvELand | FEEL

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look so pretty in purple. I'll try a color.
    Thanks for the visit darling.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your makeup look, dark purple is my fav on lips x

    ReplyDelete
  15. i own 1 purple shade but i dont use it that much! I need too! U look stunnin by the way! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. hahaha I totally love your title! very self explanatory. I adore purple and it's my fav color :) You look wonderful!
    xx, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the color purple too! hahaha :D
    You looks so pretty honey! :)
    Would you like to follow each other? Let me know!
    xx,

    http://thecherryblossomworld.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very Beautiful!
    Stay in touch
    chicates.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been using purple shades for ages and I just can't get over it:)
    Love the colours in this post!

    http://myfashionfoodstyle.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovely post, and loving the title! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. To the base, purple isn't a color that I like, but this winter it was in the spotlight, so I finally buy 2 nail polishes but not yet a lipstick, but why not?

    http://lespaillettesdadeline.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm super curious about the Revlon lipstick!

    <3
    http://zazzish.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi pretty! I love your blog! Would you mind to follow each other? Just leave a comment on my blog so I can follow you back within 24 hours. Don't forget to give me your blog address. Thankiss xx

    <a href="http://www.elinivana.com”>Beautify | elinivana</a>

    ReplyDelete
  26. haha! i can totally relate.
    nothing to wear indeed :)

    halfwhiteboy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Purple is totally pretty and an alternative to pink or burgundy, I need to try it!

    Amanda | feast.fashion.faves

    ReplyDelete