Wednesday, March 8, 2023

2 looks 1 palette: morphe 35s sweet oasis artistry palette

I've said it before and I'll say it again: discount makeup is the best kind of makeup. Maybe it's the thrill of the hunt or perhaps it just feels nice to save a little money. Whatever the reason...it is always exciting to find something special for less. Several months back, there was a ton of makeup at my local Winners, which included the 35S Sweet Oasis Artistry Palette from Morphe. This is a brand that I am pretty familiar with at this point. I've tried more than a handful of their eyeshadow palettes, brushes, and lipsticks over the years with varying success. Though I've heard it said that smaller eyeshadow palettes are becoming more popular than larger eyeshadow palettes...I like them all. Something I enjoy about the larger palettes from Morphe? There is so much to choose from. Some days, that variety is a must. Since adding the 35S Sweet Oasis Artistry Palette to my collection, there have been lots and lots of different makeup looks taking shape. Some colourful, some grungy, and some neutral. There is a little bit of everything included in this particular palette. Ready to take a closer look? Keep reading...


In case the name didn't give it away, the 35S Sweet Oasis Artistry Palette has 35 eyeshadow shades in total. And there is a lot of variety! The description from the brand is as follows: "Get away from it all with these pink and turquoise tones that are paired with sun-kissed neutrals. From soft shimmers to velvety mattes, you're gonna fall for all of these breathtaking shades." This is definitely more a summer themed palette based on the theme, but since there is so much to choose from, the palette can actually work for any and all seasons. For instance, there are some great fall shades (Sandbar, Go Barefoot, Hideaway), winter shades (Windsurf, Sundeck Chillin', Champagne On Ice, and Just Us Two), spring shades (Hibiscus Blossoms, Lovestruck, Revel In It, Island Hop), and summer shades (Reef Dive, Infinity Pool, Sail Away, Snorkel Sesh). Whether you are looking for something bright and colourful, shimmery and neutral, or something in between, there is a whole lot to choose from. 

In terms of finishes, there is a lot of variety to choose from. I love that there are mattes and shimmers so it is possible to make the most of both. Speaking of makeup looks...this is a 2 looks 1 palette post, which means a couple of different creations.


Look #1: By the Sea Shimmer. There are many fabulous blue and turquoise shades in this eyeshadow palette. In fact, it was difficult to make a decision about the shadow to choose. Should I reach for a deep turquoise? A shimmery blue? A seafoam green? Ultimately, the blue shimmer shade, Coastline Cruise, won out. It was so shimmery and bright. That shadow was applied on the inner half of the lid. Then some Sail Away was applied to the outer portion of the eye and it was all blended out with Snorkel Sesh. The inner corner had a bit of Island Hop and the lower lash line made good use of Hidden Cove. All in all, it was a colourful makeup look that was both shimmery and fun to wear. I was really happy with the way this makeup look turned out. It was definitely a great way to incorporate a little colour into the last remaining days of winter. 

Look #2: Grey and Matte Grunge. The second look was decidedly less colourful than the first. Since the first look was all about colour and shimmer...it made sense to focus on the unexpected shades in the 35S Sweet Oasis Artistry Palette. The star was the shade, Tranquility, which was a matte grey. I applied that all over the lid and along the lower lash line. Then I used Sandbar to blend out the shadow. A subtle pop of pink was added to the inner portion of the lower lash line as well, thanks to Picture Perfect. This was a simple matte makeup look that offered just the right amount of drama on that particular day.

Thanks to a little discount shopping, the 35S Sweet Oasis Artistry Palette from Morphe was only $25 CDN. (It's normally around $40 CDN for a similar palette from the brand.) There is such a nice variety of shades to choose from and it really got my creative juices flowing! This is a palette that is themed around the summer months but can be used throughout the year. 

Have you tried this eyeshadow palette? What do you think of these makeup looks?

16 comments:

  1. Wow, what a variety of colours to choose from! I'm always tempted when I come across palettes like that, but somehow I always end up using the same shades. Perhaps I should be a bit more adventurous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to resist those kinds of palettes! It's nice to have a little fun with colour sometimes.

      Delete
  2. Oh WOW what an amazing palette!! So glad you got your hands on it. Not sure how much longer they are going to be around.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it sounds like Morphe is a little bit up in the air these days. So it was nice to come across something fun at least!

      Delete
  3. I love an eyeshadow palette even though, like Ann, I tend to use the same colours. That one is amazing, I think I'd wear all of them - your eyes look amazing. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that at time as well. There are certain eyeshadow colours that I will reach for over and over again, so I try to mix it up and break free of that makeup rut!

      Delete
  4. Die Farben sind wirklich traumhaft. LG Romy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so many beautiful shades in that palette!!!!
    You look great with bot make ups but really the 1st enhance at max your beautiful eyes!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you =) Yeah this is always a little bit frustrating because you planned it :D It's nice that you don't like smoked trout as me :D Oh yes I think the rest will be delicious.
    Oh yes this yogurts were really good. Latte Macchiato is my big favourite <3

    Oh wow this palette looks super beautiful, I love the colours of the packaging and the colours inside. My favourite colours inside are pink and blue <3 Your make up look is super cute, I love it =)

    ReplyDelete