Tuesday, October 4, 2022

spirit halloween haul (scream, trick r treat, haunted mansion)

Fall is a wonderful time of year. There is something so special about the season! I know a lot of people love the spring and summer months, because it means sunshine and outdoor activities, but fall and winter make me positively giddy with excitement. When it comes to fall, I specifically love the cooler temperatures, sweater weather, and Halloween. Oh, and the fact that a Spirit Halloween store is everywhere you turn. I am slightly obsessed with these seasonal pop up shops. Each one is overloaded with Halloween costumes, accessories, spooky decor, and horror themed items. There is so much to fall in love with. Over the last little while, there have been a handful of trips to nearby Spirit Halloween stores. Though I would love to take home absolutely everything (I am obsessed with all holidays and holiday related items) only a few well-chosen pieces came home with me. Ready to take a look at it all? It is time for a little Spirit Halloween haul...



Though I haven't filmed a lot of YouTube videos lately (I made the decision that I would only film a video when I felt like it and really wanted to. Life is busy and stressful at times, so it is important that my creative projects are fun and fulfilling)...I knew that I wanted to film a little Spirit Halloween Haul video. You can watch that above for a closer look at some of the items. This little haul includes two Beetlejuice surprise bag keychains, a Mary Sanderson necklace, a Ghostface print button down shirt, a black and white plaid button down with Ghostface and Scream inspired patches, a cropped black and white plaid button down shirt with Trick r Treat themed patches and sayings, and a Haunted Mansion votive set. 

Something else that was purchased and not shown in the video due to the size can be seen at the top of this blog post. It is actually a birthday gift for my twin brother. Whenever we visit Disney theme parks, he always takes lots of time to read all of the rhymes and puns on the gravestones at the Haunted Mansion ride. So, when I saw the full-sized replica of his favourite Haunted Mansion gravestone, it was a no brainer. Though it was expensive ($65 CDN) it is something that I hope he will enjoy putting out on the lawn on Halloween or maybe even placing somewhere unexpected in the house. For the record, the gravestone says: "Here Lies Good Old Fred. A Great Big Rock Fell On His Head." The Haunted Mansion ride is one that everyone in my family adores. Each and every Disney trip involves at least a few trips on a Haunted Mansion doom buggy. So, it was especially nice to find a theme park inspired item at Spirit Halloween for my brother. 

Though October is just beginning, my mind is already focused on Halloween. Lately, I have been watching lots of holiday themed movies and have a pumpkin scented candle lit at all times. There is something so magical about this month and about this time of year. Here is hoping that there will be another trip or two to Spirit Halloween in my future. 

Have you visited Spirit Halloween this year? Are you a fan of Halloween themed items?

14 comments:

  1. We don't have anything like those pop-up stores here in Belgium. Halloween isn't really that big a thing here, I'm afraid. But I do love a spooky theme, and I prefer Autumn and Winter to Spring and Summer as well! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, interesting! It seems to be getting more and more popular where I live. (Which I am totally fine with because I love all holidays.)

      Delete
  2. Nice haul dear
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2022/10/avoid-fabrics-that-cause-itchy-skin.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look good. Thanks for sharing. Have a good day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ja niespecjalnie obchodzę Halloween i nie kupuje tych wszystkich rzeczy, ale fajnie, że innych to cieszy;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks =) Yes this calender is so cute and festive, I love the design so much. Holiday themed items are the best <3 I can't wait to decorate my apartment with christmas items :D Some samples are always good.

    Great Halloween haul =) I love the items. The ghostface printed shirt is pretty cool, it reminds me of "Scream" :D Halloween is one of my favourite festivities, I love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited about Hallowe'en :-D

    ReplyDelete