Friday, April 24, 2020

review: smashbox always on cream to matte lipstick (self worth it)


No more lipsticks. That has been a personal goal of mine for a while now. Largely because I have more than enough lip products to use and enjoy. For the most part, I've been doing fairly well steering clear of unnecessary lipstick purchases. (For the most part. I still slip up every now and again!) However, there was one item that I was more than willing to break my self-imposed goal for. While browsing through my Instagram feed there was a shade that instantly caught my eye. I knew it had to become a part of my life and makeup collection. What was it? Smashbox Always On Cream to Matte Lipstick in the shade Self Worth It. This is a classic pink lipstick colour with a unique cream to matte formula.

When it comes to Smashbox, there are only a handful of items that I have tried. One is an absolute must-have in my beauty routine. Their Photo Finish Primerizer is fantastic for anyone with dry skin. However, when it comes to their actual makeup items, I have a little less experience. So I didn't know exactly what to expect from this lipstick. Not only had I never tried a Smashbox lipstick before but the cream to matte formula was different as well. It was a new adventure, for sure! The shade, Self Worth It, not only has a clever name but has a gorgeous colour. This true pink was shockingly missing from my collection. Sometimes I get so caught up in the unexpected that I totally lose sight of the classics.

The colour is absolutely gorgeous. Especially now that we are in the middle of the spring season. That flush of pink goes with so many different looks, seasonal and otherwise. I also really enjoy the shape of the lipstick tube. It comes to something of a point on one end to allow for more precise application of product. This is such a handy detail and I wish more products were shaped like this. The cap also clicks into place really well, which prevents the product drying out or ending up smeared all over the bottom of your purse. Those little details really add to the overall level of quality.

As for the formula, this does exactly what it claims. It applies with a beautifully creamy texture that is moisturizing and comfortable. Then within a few minutes, it dries down to a matte finish. Unlike a lot of other matte lip products, this isn't super drying. It feels very lightweight and offers a decent amount of hydration. As for longevity, it easily withstands a night out and wears naturally over time. Want to see the Smashbox Always on Cream to Matte Lipstick in action? Here is Self Worth It.....


Though I've been desperately trying to steer clear of unnecessary lipstick purchases...this one was totally worth it. The colour is beautiful, the finish is fabulous, and it is comfortable to wear. This shade from Smashbox has been in high rotation in many of my recent makeup looks. 

Are you a fan of Smashbox? Have you tried any of their lip products?

28 comments:

  1. It looks like such a gorgeous shade on you! I haven't tried any of these lipsticks yet, but I love Smashbox so I think I'd really like them xo

    Makeup Muddle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I haven't tried a ton from Smashbox but I'd like to try more!

      Delete
  2. Pretty! I just repurchased Smashbox Big Splender Liquid Lipstick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh how wonderful. I am sure the shade you chose is beautiful!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for this review! I love the color!

    xoxo
    Lovely

    http://mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful lipstick and coolest photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a beautiful colour on you, definitely a good buy! I can see why you had to have it :)

    Hope that you are having a good weekend :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, every now and then a colour just grabs your attention!

      Delete
  6. Great post!Thanks for sharing!
    beautyqueen000.blogspot.rs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing color. I like this product.... kisses

    www.ioannes.site

    ReplyDelete
  8. AMAZING POST!
    THE COLORS ARE VERY NICE =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi dear, your blog iz amazing. Follow for follow? I am the new one.
    https://salyaves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ä°t's suits you. I preffer dark colours but it's a nice colour too.

    ReplyDelete