Tuesday, September 10, 2019

jonas brothers concert (#OOTD and makeup look)


It's been a while. Six years, in fact. The last time I saw the Jonas Brothers was in 2013, when they were touring for an album that would never properly be released. Things have certainly changed! The Jonas Brothers are back and more popular than ever. Their recent single, "Sucker" is the bands first number one single - and it's still holding strong on the charts. I've been a huge Jonas Brothers fan for many, many years, so when they announced their latest tour, I was excited to say the least. My post today is dedicated to the hair, outfit, and makeup I wore to their concert - and a mini review of the show itself. Here goes....


#OOTD: Hair, Makeup, and Jonas Brothers T-Shirt



My outfit was planned out several months prior to the concert date. It wasn't that it was anything extraordinary....just that I was excited to wear one of my favourite band tees. It was at the last Jonas Brothers concert I attended that I found the shirt (pictured above). It says, "Next week's no good for me, the Jonas Brothers are in town." - Alan from The Hangover. The shirt is hilarious, awesome, and it never fails to make me smile. I kept the rest o the outfit simple, layering on an old-school JoBros sweatshirt, a pair of distressed skinny jeans, and my worn-in TOMS. Casual, comfortable, and totally fan girl appropriate. For hair, I kept it ultra simple and sleek by straightening it.


In terms of makeup, I was inspired by greens, browns, and orange tones. So I used a combination of a Dominique Cosmetics palette (there will be a full review on that coming soon) and the James Charles x Morphe eyeshadow palette. I used a warm orange-brown shadow from the Dominique Cosmetics palette through the crease, a medium green from the James Charles palette on the lid and outer corner, then finished it off with a shimmery green colour from the Dominique Cosmetics palette in the centre of the lid. Then I added on the Stroke of Gorgeous liner from Hard Candy, The Super Sizer mascara from Cover Girl, and a blush/bronzer/highlight from the Casey Holmes x Physician's Formula palette. Before long, I was ready to head downtown for all things Jonas!


Jonas Brothers Concert Review



My friends and I met up for dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory (one of my favourite places) and indulged in some tasty Italian food, drinks, and gelato. It was perfection! Then it was time to head to the concert venue. There were two openers for the show, Jordan McGraw and Bebe Rexha. They were...fine. Though, to be honest, I'm rarely into opening acts. Mostly because I'm there to see the band I want to see and the rest just feels like wasted time. (Anyone else feel that way or is it just me?) Despite the lengthy wait through the opening acts...it was finally time to see the Jonas Brothers. Our seats were very far away - and as a result very high up in the venue - but we were able to see decently. Plus, my camera has a pretty decent zoom.


All in all, it was a pretty solid set list. They played a lot of songs from their new album, Happiness Begins, but the highlights were certainly their older songs. They did a medley of some classic Jonas Brothers songs and did a couple of fan requested songs. Though, one of the best moments had to be when Joe played "Cake By The Ocean." A bunch of tube men (you know, the ones you always see outside of car lots) inflated and confetti went everywhere. It was magical.  I also really enjoyed the encore. During that time, the Jonas Brothers played Burnin Up, and there were fireworks, balls of fire, and of course, an undeniable energy in the crowd. It all ended with "Sucker." Then, before I knew it, the show was over and I was racing for the train home. It was a pretty fabulous night.

Have you been to any concerts lately? Are you a Jonas Brothers fan?

26 comments:

  1. Your makeup looks amazing!! And the concert looks so fabulous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really can't believe how the Jonas Brothers have made such a comeback! Love that shirt you got, Shannon, and you look sooo fab in this look:) Not a big fan of James Charles, but man, you sure can rock his makeup:) So great that you and your friends were able to have a nice dinner before So awesome that TO has all these stuff happening, eh? :D Shawn's concert had Alessia Cara as the opening act and we love her too so that was cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I'm so surprised... But in a good way! It's awesome to see them doing so well. I'm not a James Charles fan either but I'm really into the palette, haha. Ooh really? What a great opening act! I feel like whenever I go to a show, its someone who isn't great/doesn't have the same kind of sound as the band you're seeing/is on way too long.

      Delete
  3. Great post dear, so nice and interesting, love it!   

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big fan. When I was a teenager I went to 3 of their concerts.
    So glad they are back together!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is awesome! I'm super happy they are back together as well. Their music is SO good.

      Delete
  5. sure it was a fantastic night for you:)
    HAPPY WEEK
    xoxo
    https://stylishpatterns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Se te ve estupenda ! Espero verte pronto por mi blog ! Feliz día! 🧡🧡🧡

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post. Thank you for sharing! :)New post  -  www.minniearts.com   

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your make-up! So pretty!
    xoxo
    Lara

    www.verylara.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful make up... Have a nice day!
    https://chicchedimamma.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This concert looks fab and I love your makeup!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pictures, dear! I love your lovely blog so much. I followed you, if you want, follow me back. xoxo

    leylland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete