Friday, August 23, 2019

love it or leave it? candace cameron bure (teen choice awards 2019)


Every now and then...a red carpet look just makes you pause. It gives you an immediate reaction. Sometimes that reaction is good and other times, not so much. Recently, Candace Cameron Bure stepped out at the Teen Choice Awards for 2019 and everything about her look made me pause. Immediately, I knew it needed to be featured on my blog. So I decided to bring it to the jury in another love it or leave it? post. If you've been reading my blog for a while then you are probably aware of my Candace Cameron Bure obsession. I have featured her style before, I've talked about her book, Staying Stylish, and have included her film and television work in favourites posts. There is just something about Candace that speaks to me. She just shines! So...without further ado, it is time to take a look at her Teen Choice Awards outfit - and find out whether it's a love it or leave it.


What I Love. Oh boy, this outfit makes me all kinds of happy. The moment I saw it on her Instagram page I was in love. First of all, I have a serious weakness for animal print and the fact that she has mixed prints so effortlessly? Obsessed. Though the prints are different, they compliment one another, and neither one overpowers. It is the perfect balance. The tie at the front is cute and the sequined shorts are perfect for a summertime red carpet. Other aspects that I adore? The simple gold jewellery and complimentary gold shoes, the loose waves in the ponytail, and the neon green eyeshadow...it is a win from head to toe. 

What I Loathe. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Though I know not everyone will love this outfit (some people are not into mixed animal prints or neon green eyeshadow) but it is totally up my alley. It is fun, fresh, and has lots of personality. Quite frankly, this is my favourite kind of fashion. 

So, love it or leave it? If you couldn't tell, this is absolutely a love for me. I am absolutely obsessed with this flirty mixed print outfit. It was the perfect fit for the Teen Choice Awards. Once again, Candace Cameron Bure took a fashion risk and it paid off. 

What do you think of this outfit? Love it or leave it?

Editing Note: Despite the fact that Full House is a long-time love of mine, I no longer support Candace Cameron Bure on a personal level, due to her exclusionary beliefs. 

8 comments:

  1. Is not the kind of look I use to wear but looks nice on her:)
    HAPPY WEEKEND
    xoxo
    https://stylishpatterns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks super cute! I like it!
    New post - www.skypositive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, she looks cute but for me is a leave it, sorry! I'm not a fan of animal print although sometimes I wear it in red colour ^^
    xx

    Freak Muffin Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair enough! Animal print is not for everyone. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete