Tuesday, December 25, 2018

grinch movie review + merry christmas!


Merry Christmas! It's hard to believe but the big day is here already. Quite frankly, the last few days have been an absolute blur. All of the last minute details were finally crossed off the to-do list, the baking was finished off, and there was an awful lot of time spent with family and friends. I will be sharing the details of my seasonal celebrations in future posts....but for now, I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas. However you are celebrating today, I hope every moment is filled with joy, love, and laughter. Just a note that this is the time of year where I take a week off from blogging. So you can expect to see a new post from me one week from today. Until then, here is a movie review of the new holiday movie, The Grinch.

Movie Review: The Grinch (2018)


Holiday movies make me happy. There are many of them in my collection (check out my top five favourites here.) In fact, I have the original Grinch cartoon as well as the re-make with Jim Carrey. Being such a fan of the Grinch....I absolutely needed to see the latest version. The idea of another re-make made me uneasy at first but once I watched the trailer, I was certain it would be excellent. And it was! I went to see this movie twice in theaters (once with my mom and once with my husband) and enjoyed it each time. Visually, it looks beautiful and festive. The colours are vibrant and you really feel like you are a part of Whoville. Just for a little while. It strikes a wonderful balance between being funny (there is nothing like watching the Grinch be well, a Grinch) and heartwarming (Cindy Lou Hoo's Christmas wish). There was also the way the movie explored the relationship between Grinch and Max. It added an extra layer to the film and humanized both characters.

Then there was Fred. Normally, I am not into adding random new characters to an existing story.....but my goodness! Fred was funny, sweet, and added some nice tension between Grinch and Max. I also really enjoyed the way that the movie explored the Grinch's childhood. Mostly because the young Grinch character was so stinking cute. He had a heart-shaped head and just looked adorable. Overall, this was a fantastic holiday movie and I am certain it will be played on TV for years and years to come. It is family friendly but is still enjoyable for Christmas fanatics of all ages.


I love that Christmas feeling
It does my heart so much good
Strangers I meet all seem like friends
And the world's just a neighborhood

So here's to the joy of Christmas
Here's to the ones I hold dear
May you have that Merry Christmas feeling
All through a happy New Year
- Bing Crosby

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Wishing you all the very best on behalf of the creation of beauty is art. I hope you have a wonderful day and I will check in with you next week as we celebrate the start of a shiny new year.

12 comments:

  1. Wish you a Merry Christmas and may this festival bring abundant joy and happiness in your life!

    www.okcheori.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! I hope you had a wonderful holiday :)

      Delete
  2. The original grinch is one pf my fave Christmas movies! Happy holidays babe! :)


    Please check out my latest post, too? I'd love to hear something from you! :)
    www.cielofernando.com
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too! I just love watching it. Hope you had a great holiday!

      Delete
  3. I haven't seen the new Grinch movie yet...I'm glad to know it's good!! I hope you had a very Merry Christmas and wishing you a wonderful new year!! Holiday hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I enjoyed it so much. Wishing you all the very best :)

      Delete
  4. Haven't watched the movie yet, sounds really interesting. Wishing you a great 2019! Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you will love it! Thank you so much. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  5. I love this movie. Happy New Year dear 😍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the review! Happy Holidays! :)

    Shoot for the stars | ☆ ☆ ☆ | Facebook page | ☆ ☆ ☆ | Instagram

    ReplyDelete