Can you believe it? Glitter week is coming to a close! Needless to say, this has been a week full of shimmer, shine, and sparkle. Not a bad way to welcome in a new month. For the last post in this glitter-themed series....I am going to be talking a little bit about my glitter collection and sharing some application tips and tricks.
My Glitter Collection. As you can see from the picture above, there is an awful lot of glitter in my life. It has sort of collected over the last year or so. Most of it was from Banggood (a thirty piece set with shades in just about every colour imaginable) but there are some others tossed in there as well. One is from Too Faced (and is a personal favourite because of the super fine glitter), a couple were ordered from Miss A (and the shades are stunning), and there is one that I picked up when my friend and I went to the Women's Show. It is super fine and turquoise. Perfection!
How to Apply Glitter Makeup. Whether you want to give your eyes a little shimmer, add some glitter to your cheeks for a bold festival inspired look, or create an over the top glitter lip....you can make it happen. Here is everything you need to know.
- Prepare your face first by applying a primer or putting on a lip balm. This will add moisture to your skin and help the glitter stick. If you are about to create a glitter eye look, add a loose powder underneath the eyes. Why? When you finish your glitter look, you can dust away the loose powder and get rid of fallout with ease.
- Put on your base next. For glitter eyes, this might be a cream eyeshadow. A powder shadow will still work, but the tackiness of the cream can give your glitter extra hold. For a lip art look, you will need to apply a lipstick or liquid lipstick.
- Use a glitter adhesive or glitter glue (NYX has a great one and so does Too Faced) on the area that you want to apply your glitter. An alternative? Clear lip gloss. This will give you the tackiness you need to keep your glitter in place. Just keep in mind, if you use something other than a glitter glue or adhesive, your makeup look may crease. Weigh the pros and cons!
- Apply the glitter using a stiff eyeshadow brush. Hold the brush flat and pat the glitter directly onto the adhesive.
- Wipe away any fall out with a clean fluffy brush.
And speaking of glitter....the Cover Girl Jewels palette has lots of glitter, shimmer, and shine. Find out how it performs (and check out some swatches) in my latest YouTube video....
Now that you have been inspired, read a review of the Urban Decay lip topcoat, and have found out how to apply glitter makeup....you are all set! Glitter week has officially come to a close. I hope you enjoyed this theme week. Please let me know if there are any other themes you would like to see in the future. I am always open to requests!
Do you like wearing glitter makeup?