Eyeshadow is my weakness. It has been for a very long time....which is odd, considering I never used to wear it. My early makeup looks were reserved to eyeliner and mascara only. Eyeshadow seemed too complicated. Too overwhelming. Then I started watching YouTube tutorials and suddenly, eyeshadow became my most loved beauty product. It amazed me just how versatile it could be. Eyeshadow was an exciting path to self expression and creativity and I fell madly in love with it.
So, when the Morphe 35W eyeshadow palette came into my life...I had high expectations. Not only had I heard positive things about the brand (courtesy of YouTubers and fellow makeup addicts) but the colours looked stunning. It was full of warm browns, pretty peaches, golds, and purples. All of my go-to shades. Were my expectations met? Yes and no. This is my take on the Morphe palette.
To begin, take a peek at the inside of the palette. There are a ton of beautiful eyeshadow shades.
- Colour Selection. One thing that I adore are the many shadows available in this palette. There are thirty five eyeshadows altogether, with a row of lighter colours on the top row, medium and metallic shades on the second row, tons of pink and peach shades on the third row, browns and purples on the fourth, and dark dramatic colours on the fifth. The selection and range is fantastic. Plus, there is this incredible burnt orange shade that reminds me so much of my beloved Squash lipstick!
- Variety of Finishes. It is always nice to have a little variety. Not just in terms of the colours themselves but the finishes. The 35W palette has a wonderful variety to choose from. Some shades are matte, others are shimmery, and some are full out glittery. No matter what type of look you are going for - you can create it with this versatile palette.
- Quality and Pigmentation. It's true. These shadows are pretty great. It certainly lives up to the hype when it comes to overall quality and pigmentation. While there are some issues (which you will see in the con list) this is certainly well worth the money. The shimmery shades are smooth, buttery, and ultra pigmented while the matte shades are soft and buildable.
- Simple Packaging. Sometimes, I want elaborate packaging. Other times, I want a product that works well and is easy to store. This palette falls into the latter category. It comes in a black plastic case that is sturdy, strong, and simple. It is easy to store and take with you if you are travelling.
- Consistency of Shadows. This palette is full of wonderful eyeshadow shades - ones that are so smooth and pigmented. Unfortunately? This is not true of all the eyeshadow shades. Which brings me to the one and only con on the list: consistency. The eyeshadows do not perform the same way in a consistent manner. While the shimmery colours are flawless....the others are a little more hit or miss. Some of the matte shades are quite pigmented but a few are chalkier and harder to use. The same can be said for the glitter shades. Fortunately, there are far more stand outs than disappointments.
Final Rating: What would I rate the Morphe 35W eyeshadow palette? 8/10. It excels in many areas - it is versatile and easy to use - however the consistency is not consistent for every single eyeshadow. Overall, I am really loving this. There are certain colours that I use often (like that squash shade and those beautiful metallic browns) and the price tag was very reasonable.
Have you tried this palette? Are you a fan of Morphe products?