Saturday, January 10, 2015

live your eyeliner, breathe your lipstick, and kill for each other.


Today's post is a little bit...random. Why? I came across this picture (the one above starring Ariel) the other day and it made me smile. It is just so true. When I think about my own makeup collection, I realize just how much stuff I have. Eyeshadow palettes, singles, trios, quads, liners, blushes, highlights, mascaras, primers, and everything else imaginable.

Despite this, I find myself buying more makeup, testing out new products, and lusting after products from Sephora. Will enough ever be enough? Probably not. I suppose there is a thrill in creating a new makeup look. Inspiration can be found in a new eyeliner or lipstick shade. In a new palette or collection. It can get you out of a rut. It can help you feel excited. New products work to remind us of the power of makeup - and expressing our creativity.

My makeup collection should be complete. But it's not. At least not yet. I continue to find inspiration from products old and new. Are you the same? Today, I challenge you to really think about your makeup collection. What inspires you to create new makeup looks? Is it new products? Re-discovered favourites? Think it over - and share your answers.

So, I hope you like this picture - and that it made you smile!

xo Shannon

13 comments:

  1. So cute and I will say this, when I was in my 20's I couldn't have enough makeup, but now that I am in my mid 30's, less is so much more and makes me look younger, so one day you will not have so much make up and will save money. Eventually, it's all about the eyebrows, a bit of eyeliner, great mascara and some nude lips and you are all set and a hint of blush if you wish. LOL! :)
    xx Easy Outfits, by Pip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I love it, and it is so true :D

    artofmi3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, Shannon, that's so cool.
    Happy weekend, girl
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree, once you think your collection is complete a new one comes out , and you NEED it... Hee hee hee.

    www.pink-purpledots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The picture is so funny!! I think that my collection of make up will NEVER be complete! There's always something new yo buy and try!!

    Kisses,

    Babi
    www.voguebuster.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats true, makeup never is too much!
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such an awesome post - and so true!
    Have a great Monday,
    Much Love,
    Kate xo

    www.and-kate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, I love the photos! Ariel is awesome. I always tell myself I've got enough but I can easily find an excuse to try something new. Doom.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post and no it's never enough haha!

    ReplyDelete