Wednesday, August 6, 2014

review: pixi mesmerizing mineral palette


There are brands I've heard a lot about - but haven't managed to try out for myself. Pixi was one of those brands....until now, that is. For years, I have heard beauty bloggers and makeup lovers rave about Pixi. Despite this, I had never gotten my hands on any of their products. When I came across the Mesmerizing Mineral Palette, I just had to have it. The colours spoke to me!

The palette I chose was the Copper Peach palette. It came with six shades, including a soft white, shimmery champagne colour, a light brown, sand shade, copper, and a bronzey colour. It also came with a sponge tip applicator. Honestly, the latter is a total waste as far as I'm concerned. I always wind up throwing them away. What I loved about this palette? The shades had a nice variety but they all work together. Let's take a closer look at the shades and swatches:


What are my initial thoughts? As I mentioned, I was immediately struck by the gorgeous shades and beautiful colour variety. So, the first thing I did was swatch! The texture of the eyeshadows was silky and smooth. It felt very luxurious. As for the shadows themselves? It was a hit or miss. The lightest shade was so fair it barely showed up at all. That was a letdown. The matte brown shade was another miss. While it looks quite dark in the pan, the colour payoff is quite weak. It turned out to be more of a light brown rather than a deeper shade.

Despite those disappointing shades, the rest? Gorgeous. Particularly the bottom two shades. The peachy and coppery shades were the standouts here, without a doubt. The pigmentation on those two specifically were fantastic, the texture was wonderful, and there was no fallout. Yes, those shades alone made the $12 CDN palette totally worth it. I absolutely love them.

This is a peek at the makeup look I created using the Pixi Mesmerizing Mineral Palette in Copper Peach. Let me know what you think!


This may have been my first time trying out products from Pixi, but I hope it won't be the last. Despite a few lackluster colours, I was very impressed with the quality and diverse range of products. This was a serious win for me!

Have you tried anything from Pixi? What do you think of the makeup?

xo Shannon

18 comments:

  1. I love the look of the palette, I've always wanted to try some Pixi products!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty palette and I love how versatile it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These shades looking beautiful on you Shannon. Great review. Nope, haven't tried any of it yet.
    xoxo
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing colour palette dear.your makeup is stunning
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. amzing colors! love the second :)
    xoxo
    http://www.myheartaintabrain.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors of the palette are lovely! And love the eye makeup you have done with this.

    http://everythingthatclicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That palette looks great!
    You're in the spotlight on my blog, check it out: http://www.myrunwayfashionworld.com/2014/08/blogs-in-spotlight-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are perfect with makeup looks. so beautiful
    Jumpsuit: http://bit.ly/1y0Nbn9
    Shorts: http://bit.ly/1spzvSd
    Shoes: http://bit.ly/UYi9zs
    Sandy Sandhu

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow.... great job... lovely make up and so are you!!!
    Happy friday!

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you finally tried Pixi! Love that brand! You look gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg.. you look gorgeous.. love the dark shades..such a nice palette and we dont get it here in India ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks so good :)
    check out my blog http://blogdejust.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. incredible natural shades. I love your makeup
    xxx
    mari
    www.ilovegreeninspiration.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not a fan of so much sparkle but it looks great on you!

    7% Solution

    ReplyDelete