Thursday, April 10, 2014

in the fashion industry, everything goes retro except the prices.


The great thing about stores like Forever 21? Super affordable accessories. You can find some cute ways to spruce up an outfit for $5-10. That makes it pretty easy to try out trendier pieces that don't necessarily have to last well, forever. The last time I placed an order with F21, I threw in a couple of cheap accessories on a whim. (If they weren't as cute as they looked, it wasn't a huge loss.) They were some midi-rings and a retro inspired headband.

I decided on the midi-rings simply because they were super cute. There came in a bundle and one of them even looks like a crown. Love! As for the headband, I have always been inspired by retro fashion. There is something about vintage accessories, like a bandana, that makes you feel strong and powerful. When these accessories arrived, I was pleasantly surprised by how great they were - the headband in particular.

Since I loved the headband so much, I decided to wear it for my latest face of the day look! I wanted something simple but pretty. I hope I managed to achieve that! So, here it is...my face of the day featuring my new favourite accessory.



The products used to create this look were: Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette, Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation, Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer, Blinc Cosmetics Liquid Liner, Benefit They're Real! Mascara, Hard Candy Baked Bronzer, L'Oreal Colour Whispers Gloss Balm.

When creating this makeup look, I wanted something that was a little retro inspired...but wasn't too dramatic or over the top. That is why I stuck with neutral shades on the lid and opted against a bright red lip. Overall, I'm happy with how it turned out!

What do you think of the accessories? Do you like this makeup look of the day?

xo Shannon

25 comments:

  1. You look great, hun!
    Love your headband!
    xx
    S
    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rings are cool!
    You look sweet:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the headband and your make up looks amazing! Thanks so much for your lovely comment today dear regarding my designs! I love to hear from you and hope you have a great weekend! xoxo
    xx Easy Outfits, by Pip

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so cute :) I really like bandanas and retro looks :)

    http://o-fata-simpla.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute with that bandana x
    www.vicariousLA.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful!)
    Would you like to follow each other?Just let me know in my blog.
    http://www.elationofcreation.co

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely stuff! H&M has affordable accessories too! :X

    the-may-day.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow you look great!!
    http://fashionmaverickz.blogspot.com/2014/04/car-coats-today.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. is so vintage and I love it! great post!
    kisses
    check my blog:
    http://takealookatmyclosetbysamantha.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your comment! This red ribbon looks good on you! =)

    http://danielasilvayellowworld.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  11. that´s so true... I always love your makeup =)
    www.petitgraphie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. ;D

    Você é linda!

    Ótima sexta, Shannon!

    Beijo! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha so so true...and thats one thing that I really would like to c going retro..:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning, love how retro it looks.

    www.pink-purpledots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look stunning! Your eyes are gorgeous.

    If you'd like to follow each other on GFC or anywhere else, do pop by my blog.
    My links are at the bottom of the page.
    I follow everyone back! Just let me know if you've followed. :)

    Sandy | SMXYC: Lifestyle, Beauty, Fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, would you like to follow each other? Please, click like it on annffashion on facebook.

    Kisses from poland
    http://annffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Questa bandana ti sta benissimo e risalta sui tuoi capelli scuri.
    http://stregatto-dch17.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  18. You've carried off the retro look perfectly with your make up and headband. Love the title of this post too!

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. i think you did a good retro look here. the handkerchief and the cat eyes makes the effect.
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look supercute! Thank God for stores like forever 21! Fashion don't have to be expencive.

    - Kristine B
    www.kristineb.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. lovely<3
    would you like to follow each other?
    let me know :)
    BLOG | BLOGLOVIN
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. That bandana looks great on you and makeup is stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are so pretty!
    http://thevanillagarden.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think you definitely wore the retro look well! Love that bandana bow tied to the side!!!

    Amanda | feast.fashion.faves

    ReplyDelete